College of Business and Economics Living Learning Community
A living-learning community (LLC) is for students in their first year of college. It combines coursework with real-world experiences and life choices. The College of Business and Economics (COBE) Community is dedicated to exploring concepts and ideas that relate to the business world and entrepreneurship. This experience will help you shape and refine your ideas and goals about business and entrepreneurship, personal values and academics.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the business world and what being a business major entails.
- Explore the connections between business related majors and the common outcomes employers are seeking from business graduates.
- Have paid employment when you arrive and gain practical experience by managing a student-run campus coffee shop – J.R. Simplot Cafe.
- Live with a like-minded group of students all majoring in a business related major.
As a community member, you will enjoy special opportunities that are only available to a small group of students:
- Enhanced faculty support and interactions – how many college students can say they’re neighbors with their professor? Form a personal relationship with the faculty in residence. Student success is highly correlated with faculty mentorship.
- Supportive environment to clarify values and goals as they relate to being successful during college
- Higher levels of support and connections to the university and community resources
- Live in an environment that is proven to increase chances of success at college and in future endeavors
- Increased social connections with 21 other communities
Find more information about COBE Living-Learning Community here.