Michelle D. Vos, JD
Michelle D. Vos joined the Department of Management at Boise State University in 2016 and teaches undergraduate courses in business law. Prior to entering academia, Professor Vos practiced law at one of the largest law firms in Florida representing local governments and businesses and individuals that seek to do business with government. Her clients included municipal corporations, property owners, small businesses, and the third-largest electric utility company in the United States.
In 2012, Professor Vos moved to Boise, Idaho. Prior to joining the faculty at Boise State University, she provided advice concerning corporate compliance and risk management for a rehabilitation health care system with more than 500 employees and $50 million in annual revenues. She advised executive management on a broad range of regulatory and compliance matters and ensured compliance with state and federal laws related to managed care.
Professor Vos is licensed to practice law in Florida and Idaho. She currently teaches The Legal Environment of Business, Commercial Law and Law for Accountants. Professor Vos serves on the Editorial Advisory Board of The Advocate, the official publication of the Idaho State Bar. She is an Idaho State Bar Section member of the Business & Corporate Law Section, Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section, Environment & Natural Resources Law Section and Diversity Section. Professor Vos is also a member of Idaho Women Lawyers and serves on several Idaho Women Lawyers committees, including the Judicial Subcommittee.
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami, FL (Class Rank: Top 10%)
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies, Florida International University, Miami, FL
- Senate Bill 360 Refined: The Impact of the 2007 Legislative Session on Local Government Growth Management (pts. 1 & 2), FLA. B.J., Nov. 2007, at 32, FLA. B.J., Dec. 2007, at 42.
- Idaho Academy of Leadership for Lawyers 2016-2017 Class
- Judicial Intern, Florida Supreme Court (for Chief Justice R. Fred Lewis)
- St. Thomas Law Review Articles Editor
- St. Thomas Law Review Outstanding Achievement Award
- St. Thomas Law Review Best Sourcer Award
- Three Book Awards for highest exam grade ("writing the book") in Contracts, Advanced Legal Research & Writing and Appellate Advocacy
- School of Law Merit Scholarship, Recipient (all three years)
- Florida Supreme Court Internship Program for Distinguished Florida Law Students