Meredith Black, PhD
Dr. Meredith A. Taylor Black earned her PhD, summa cum laude, in the area of WTO trade law with the University of Bern in Bern, Switzerland. Her research is focused on agriculture negotiations, subsidies, dispute settlement, and development issues within the WTO. She received training in WTO trade-related topics as a graduate of the World Trade Institute where she earned her Masters in International Law and Economics.
Her academic background also includes a Juris Doctorate from the University of Idaho College of Law and a B.A. in Political Science and Certificate in Health Public Policy from Duke University. She is proficient in German. Her community activities include membership and/or involvement in: The Boise Committee on Foreign Relations, Idaho's District Export Council, The Congressional Award Program, Girls' State and Nation, and Rotary International.
- PhD, University of Bern, Switzerland
- MILE, Masters in International Law and Economics, World Trade Institute, Switzerland
- JD, University of Idaho College of Law
- BA in Political Science and Certificate in Health Public Policy, Duke University.
- Dr. Taylor Black's research is focused on agriculture negotiations, subsidies, dispute settlement, and development issues within the WTO.
- "King Cotton in International Trade: The Political Economy of Dispute Resolution at the WTO," PhD Dissertation, accepted by the Faculty of Law, University of Bern, Switzerland, summa cum laude.;
- "On the Broader View of the Open Source Paradigm: The Case for Agricultural Biotechnology," Information Systems Development 2010 International Conference Proceedings, Springer (TBE: Winter 2011).;
- "Brazil's WTO Challenge to US Cotton Subsidies: The Road to Effective Disciplines of Agricultural Subsidies," Business Law Brief, American University, Washington College of Law (Fall/Winter 2009-2010).
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar
- Lord Rothermere Scholar, Oxford University, Comparative Law and Liability
- Coca-Cola Scholar
Current Courses: Spring 2018
|Course||Room & Times|
|INTBUS 220-2: Go Global: You & World Economy|
"Monday Wednesday 12:00PM-1:15PM - MBEB1106"
|INTBUS 220-4001: Go Global: You & World Economy|
|INTBUS 220-4002: Go Global: You & World Economy|