Responsible Business Initiative
- Business Leaders Gather to Explore the Impact of Inclusion in the Treasure Valley
Read about the 2017 COBE Diversity and Inclusion Summit sponsored by Wells Fargo, Idaho Power, Saint Alphonsus, Micron Technology, Boise Cascade and Happy Family Brands! It was a huge success.
Our mission is to catalyze leaders to create sustainable value for business and society.
What is the Responsible Business Initiative?
Launched by the College of Business and Economics, the Responsible Business Initiative:
- Focuses on business ethics, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, corporate governance and diversity
- Aims to build the commitment and capacity of our students, faculty and community to understand and manage responsible business issues.
- Seeks to innovate collaboration at the intersection of business, education and society.
Our vision is that through education, research and community collaboration, COBE inspires leaders to create an inclusive and sustainable local and global economy that accounts for economic, social and environmental impacts.
TOP RBI ACHIEVEMENTS
- Responsible business priorities and values are now part of COBE’s strategy, mission, and learning objectives.
- More than 75 undergraduate classes and 23 graduate classes have integrated responsible business content as of 2015.
- More than 500 external stakeholders have participated in responsible business-sponsored or co-sponsored events.
- COBE produced its third sustainability report in November 2017, led by 12 business and economics students.
- RBI partnered with the COBE in creating an Inclusive Excellence Strategy for the college.
- Co-hosted a sold-out third annual Diversity and Inclusion Summit in fall 2017.
Responsible Business is the name we give to the view that businesses should fully account…
More on Featured Leader→
Social impact is a new way of doing business. Placing the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit….
More on Featured Student→
B Corps are for-profit companies that seek to “use the power of business to solve social…
More on Featured Topic→
Game Changer Blog
Nov 17 2017
The College of Business and Economics (COBE) cohosted the third annual summit on diversity and inclusion as
Jan 10 2017
Eco2Librium, headquartered in Kenya with a US location in Boise, ID, was recently ranked the
Dec 12 2016
The College of Business and Economics (COBE) cohosted a summit on diversity and inclusion as a business
Nov 11 2016
The College of Business and Economics (COBE) at Boise State recently published the 2016 COBE Sustainability