- A bachelor’s degree in accounting from a regionally accredited university in the United States. Prerequisites include at least 18 semester credits in upper-division accounting topics and at least 15 semester credits in other business topics. See details regarding the accounting and business courses required.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- GMAT exam score ≥ 500 OR GRE exam score of at least 152 for both verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning sections
FAST TRACK ADMISSION
Please email the MSA FAST TRACK FORM to the graduate Graduate Studies Office if you think you meet the fast track admission at graduatebusiness
You do not need to submit an essay or a GMAT/GRE score if you meet the following criteria:
- 3.3 or higher GPA in all upper-division accounting courses (including the required 18 credits of upper-division accounting courses)
- 3.3 or higher cumulative GPA
- Currently licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Earned an advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution (Master’s, Doctorate) in any discipline.
TO APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM
Step 1 – Apply to Boise State University’s Graduate College
Complete the Boise State Graduate Admissions Application. On the Degree Path page within the application, select “Accountancy-MS” from the Program or Certificate drop down list.
Step 2 – Request Official Transcripts
Request official transcript(s) from all previous colleges and universities you attended. Please note: All transcripts must be RECEIVED by Graduate Admissions and Degree Services by the above application deadline. If you are a Boise State student it is not necessary to send your Boise State transcripts.
Step 3 – Apply to the Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA)
After submitting the graduate admission application (Step 1), you will complete the MSA program application. You can access the program application by logging into your application account, clicking “View Application” and selecting the “Accountancy” orange link in the left menu. The program application includes:
- Uploading a current detailed resume highlighting your professional work experience. Do not be concerned with brevity. Please include start and end dates (month and year) for each position held, and indicate full or part time.
- Uploading a list showing three references (a person who has been your direct supervisor in a professional setting or your professor in an academic setting). Include name, title, phone number, email address, and reason why this person is a reference.
- Uploading an essay by answering one (1) of the following three questions. Response should be limited to two double-spaced pages.*
- Discuss your career goals, both short-term and long-term. How will Boise State University’s MSA program help you achieve these goals?
- Discuss two or three situations in the past three years where you have taken a leadership role. How do these events demonstrate your managerial potential?
- Please give a brief, candid evaluation of yourself. Include some discussion of your strengths and weaknesses. What do you consider most unique or distinctive about yourself?
- Submitting official GMAT or GRE scores*
- International Students must complete the TOEFL exam with a score of 587/240/95 or IELTS score of 6.5 or better. They may be asked to provide a statement of adequate funding and certified English translations of transcripts. Details at the Department of Admissions International Students page.
Application for Admission Deadlines
Priority deadline – June 1
(For students who are applying for a Graduate Assistantship, we recommend applying to the program by February 1 to ensure program acceptance by the March 1 GAship application deadline)
Priority deadline – October 1
(For students who are applying for a Graduate Assistantship, we recommend applying to the program by September 1 to ensure program acceptance by the October 1 GAship application deadline)
Priority deadline – March 1