STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Human Resource Association of Treasure Valley
2018 – 2019
The mission of the Human Resources Association of Treasure Valley is to promote opportunities for HR Professionals to Engage, Inspire and Lead. We are committed to achieving this mission partially by providing service and partnership with academic, business, legal and community organizations. In support of that mission, the organization awards scholarships to individuals who are studying to begin or advance a career in Human Resources.
The Human Resource Association of Treasure Valley awards two $2000 scholarships – the James Isern Scholarship and the Renda Sullivan Scholarship – each year to student members of the Boise State University Human Resource Association.
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate program
- University is an accredited institution of higher learning
- Degree program is HR-related (e.g. business, psychology, HR, org development, etc.)
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
To apply, complete all sections of the Student Scholarship Application and include all requested documents. Application process opens in January 2018 and applications will be accepted through Thursday, March 15, 2018. The Scholarship Committee will review applications, schedule a face-to-face interview with finalists, and announce the scholarship winners at an upcoming membership program.
- Contact information
- Short essay on career aspirations, education and work experience, and scholarship need
- Current resume
- Two letters of reference*
* Reference letters should provide insight into applicant’s character, career and/or volunteer accomplishments, work ethic, values and need for the scholarship. Letters may be written by work or volunteer colleagues, coaches, professors, etc. but should not come from family members. The letters can be submitted separately or with your application. They can be sent via mail to: HRATV Student Scholarship Review Committee, PO Box 1733, Boise ID 83701 OR by email to email@example.com.
Each scholarship is a one-time award; however previous applicants and past scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply. Full-time, part-time, online and distance learning programs are acceptable. Scholarships are for college-degree programs only, and may not be used to attend professional development seminars. Applicants who have already completed their studies are not eligible for this award and may not apply for a scholarship to cover past expenses.
For any questions regarding our student scholarships, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boise State University Scholarships
Many scholarships are available. Learn about the opportunities and how to apply on the Financial Aid and Scholarship website.