A number of students want to major in general business and either entrepreneurship or human resource management. Because the majors are closely related, the list below has been designed to remove all doubt about what students may take for double major combinations.
To be a double major in general Business and either entrepreneurship or human resource management, students will have to take three additional courses beyond the general business major.
General business and human resource management double major – classes that will not count.
- COMM 307 Interviewing
- COMM 390/SOC 390 Conflict Management
- HRM 330 Human Resource Law
- HRM 406 Compensation and Benefits
- HRM 408 Employee Staffing and Training
(This also applies to the general business major and human resource management minor combination.)
General business and entrepreneurship double major – classes that will not count.
- ENTREP 320 Entrepreneurial Skills
- ENTREP 420 New Venture Creation
- ENTREP 421 Managing an Emerging Business
(This also applies to the general business major and entrepreneurship management minor combination.)