Rob G. Anson, PhD
Dr. Anson is Professor of Information Technology Management at Boise State University, USA. He teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in the areas of Systems Analysis and Design, Business Intelligence, Senior Project, Design Thinking, Project Management, Database Management, and IS Strategy.
Rob’s current research has addressed topics of student team peer assessment, end user training, and course evaluation response rate determinants. Past work has been in facilitation of electronic meetings and group support systems and ERP project implementation. He has published articles in journals such as Management Science, Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, Journal of Small Group Research and the European Journal of Operations Research, in addition to various conferences and books.
Rob combines his teaching and research interests with hands-on application that benefit the Boise State campus, private and public organizations in the Treasure Valley.
• From 2010 – 2013, worked full time position on the “Roadmap” enterprise system implementations at Boise State University. He served as project manager, systems analyst, process facilitator, and academic campus liaison on numerous projects.
• Rob continues to implement, support and troubleshoot various licensed systems for Boise State, including the CollegeNet Online Course Evaluation system, Digital Measures, the Qualtrics survey system, and the ApplyYourself Graduate Admissions Application system.
• Over 25 years of experience as a meeting facilitator for hundreds business, educational and non-profit organizations. Recently, most of his facilitation is in the areas of group–based system requirements gathering, and business process improvement and re-engineering efforts.
• Regularly serves as technical expert for the Idaho Secretary of State office in the certification of electronic voting systems for use in county and state elections.
• Design, manage and support a student team peer assessment system called PeerAssessment.Com in use by instructors across the country.
• Teaches seminar programs for the community in Project Management, Requirements Analysis, and Design Thinking.
- PhD, Management Information Systems, Indiana University
- MBA, Indiana University
- BA, General Studies, University of Washington
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Senior Project
- Project Management
- Business Intelligence
- Database Management
- Goodman, J. A., Anson, R., Belcheir, M. (2015). The Effect of Incentives and other Instructor-driven Strategies to Increase Online Student Evaluation Response Rates. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 28. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02602938.2014.960364
- Anson, R., Goodman, J. A. (2014). A Peer Assessment System to Improve Student Team Experiences. To appear in Journal of Education for Business, 89(1), 27-34. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08832323.2012.754735#.UxgXD_ldU9Y
- Gupta, S., Anson, R. (in press). Do I Matter? The Impact of Individual Differences on a Technology-Mediated End User Training Process. To appear in Journal of Organizational and End User Computing(2).
- Anson, R., Bostrom, R., Wynne, B. (1995). Effects of Computer and Facilitator Support on Group Processes and Outcomes: An Experimental Assessment. Management Science.