The COBE Computer Placement Exam allows students to place out of’ ITM 104 Operating Systems and Word Processing Topics, ITM 105 Spreadsheet Topics and ITM 106 Database Topics. Students have the option to take the ITM classes (ITM 104, 105, 106) OR to successfully complete the COBE Computer Placement Exam to place out of the requirements for these courses.
Who Should Take the Exam
All business majors are required to take ITM105. In addition, ITM106 is required for the following majors:
- Information Technology Management
- Supply Chain Management
Other majors may use one or more of the ITM 104, ITM 105 and ITM 106 classes. Check your specific major requirements.
Where to Take the Exam
Take the COBE Computer Placement Exam in the Boise State University Testing Center located in the Simplot Micron Advising and Success Hub; 2nd Floor; Room 213. You do not need to sign up for an appointment; exams are given on a walk in basis if a computer is available. The computer lab monitors will assist you by signing you in to start the COBE Computer Placement Exam.
Exam Software Update
All MyITLab licenses are valid for 14 days after the license is used to enter your student profile at the Boise State University Testing Center. Please be aware of the license duration as you plan the dates you will take your exams. If you need to use your 2nd attempt, make sure it is 24 hours after the first attempt and within the 14 day license duration or another license will have to be purchased.
What to Bring to the Exam
- Boise State University student ID or other form of picture ID
- Student ID Number
- Credit card or PayPal information for the purchase of a Pearson MyITLab 2016 Readiness Test course access code
- Each exam section is timed at 120 minutes per section and time is monitored by the computer.
- You may request your test scores and print your exam results at the end of each section.
- A score of 70% or above on each section is required to pass.
- The exams do not show up on the student transcript for credit or grades as it is a placement/proficiency exam. A pass score is recorded for prerequisite purposes only.
Please email the IT-SCM department at email@example.com and include the following information in order to record your scores:
- full name,
- Boise State University student number,
- exam section(s) you completed.