Skip to Main Content

Permission numbers – Finance

students in lecture hallPermission numbers are six-digit codes that you can use to override class capacity, override class prerequisites, and validate conditional registration. Issuing permission numbers for any reason is at the discretion of the department. If you transferred a course to Boise State and had to get an academic adjustment, chances are that you’ll get a registration error if that class is a prereq for a class you’re trying to register for. Just include a note about that in your email request and the department will confirm that you meet the prereqs for the class.

How to request FINAN permission numbers

Permission numbers may be requested by filling out the request form on the COBE Advising Services website


You may email Alex Williamson, the Department of Finance admin assistant:

You must include the following information in your email:

  • Name
  • Student ID
  • Course and section number (example: FINAN 303-002)
  • Reason for needing a permission number

Please allow at least 1 business day for a response to your request. Following the review, you will receive a response via email. Permission numbers are section-specific and you can only enter it once. You may not transfer your number to another student. If you receive a conditional permission number, you will have to meet all the agreed upon conditions in order to remain enrolled in the class. Enter your permission number when adding the class to your enrollment shopping cart on your myBoiseState student center.

COBE Contact Info

Each department controls the enrollment in their classes. To request permission numbers for other COBE courses, please refer to the following table:

Course PrefixDepartmentContactEmail AddressRoom No.
ACCTAccountancyAlex WilliamsonAlexWilliamson@boisestate.eduMBEB 3124
BUSCOMMarketingCOBE Advisingcobeadvising@boisestate.eduMBEB 1213
BUSSTATIT-SCMElaine LacailladeITSCM@boisestate.eduMBEB 3259
ECONEconomicsLaDawn BarreraLaDawnBarrera@boisestate.eduMBEB 3246
FINANFinanceAlex WilliamsonAlexWilliamson@boisestate.eduMBEB 3124
GENBUSManagementKili MurphyKiliMurphy@boisestate.eduMBEB 2103
HRMManagementKili MurphyKiliMurphy@boisestate.eduMBEB 2103
INTBUSManagementKili MurphyKiliMurphy@boisestate.eduMBEB 2103
ITMIT-SCMElaine LacailladeITSCM@boisestate.eduMBEB 3259
MGMTManagementKili MurphyKiliMurphy@boisestate.eduMBEB 2103
MKTGMarketingCOBE Advisingcobeadvising@boisestate.eduMBEB 1213
SCMIT-SCMElaine LacailladeITSCM@boisestate.eduMBEB 3259

The advisors in COBE Advising Services can also work with you on enrollment issues. Transfer students may receive permission numbers during orientation.

Requests for non-business course registration should be sent to the department that houses the class you are trying to enroll in. Departments outside of the College of Business and Economics may have different processes for reviewing permission number requests.