Scott Roark, PhD
Scott Roark joined Boise State University as an assistant professor in 2010 and teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in finance. Scott teaches both online courses and face to face courses including corporate finance, investment management, real estate finance and financial modeling. Prior to earning his PhD in finance at the University of Connecticut, Scott worked as a finance professional in the real estate industry for twelve years. He was involved in acquisitions, asset management, investor relations and financing activities for firms in Dallas, Denver and Boulder, Colorado. For the 2012-2013 school year, he was a faculty-in-residence for the College of Business and Economics and lived (with his family) in on-campus housing with a group of 24 freshmen business majors. In the spring of 2014 he taught abroad in Torino, Italy for a semester.
Professor Roark’s research interests are related to corporate finance, corporate governance and dividend policy decisions. He has published in the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics.
- BBA, Accounting, Texas A&M University
- MBA, Finance, Texas A&M University
- PhD, Finance, University of Connecticut
- Working Capital Management; Investment Management; Real Estate Finance and Investments
- “On the Operating Performance of REITs following SEOs: Anomaly Revisited”, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, forthcoming