Boise State University’s Executive MBA program gives you the inside track, the opportunity to learn from world-class, experienced faculty, enhance your strengths and address areas for improvement. A few of our experts include:
Susan Park, JD
Susan Park is the chair of the Department of Management and an associate professor of Legal Studies in Business. Professor Park earned her J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of Idaho College of Law, and a B.A. in English from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Professor Park's most recent article, Digital-Self Ownership: A Publicity-Rights Framework for Determining Employee Social Media Rights (co-authored with Patricia Abril from the University of Miami), was published in the American Business Law Journal. The article won the ABLJ Hoeber Memorial Excellence in Research Award at the 2016 annual conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Other recent publications include Employee Internet Privacy: A Proposed Act that Balances Legitimate Employer Rights and Employee Privacy, 51 American Business Law Journal 779 (Winter, 2014) and Transforming a Legal Studies Classroom: Clickers and Engagement (co-authored with Denise Farag, J.D., at Linfield College), 90 Journal of Education for Business 208 (Spring 2015). She is a co-author of The Legal Environment of Business (6th edition) with Professor Bixby at Boise State (and two other co-authors), and wrote the study guide companion to the textbook. Professor Park is doing ongoing research in the areas of social media, employment law and privacy, and also teaching and student engagement.
Professor Park is an Articles Editor with the American Business Law Journal, the premier peer-reviewed journal in business law. She is a former President of the Pacific Northwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business (PNALSB), and served as the regional organization’s delegate to the Academy of Legal Studies in Business 2014 national conference in New Orleans.
Professor Park is also a licensed attorney (affiliate status) and member of the Idaho State Bar. Before becoming a faculty member at Boise State, she practiced law in Boise for the firm of Park, Redford, Thomas, and Burkett and served as a law clerk for Chief Justice Bakes at the Idaho Supreme Court. She is an Idaho native and the mother of two boys, one a freshman at Montana State, the other a senior at the University of Montana.
- University of Idaho, College of Law, Moscow, Idaho, 1990: J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, 1984: B.A., English
- Legal Environment of Business
- Employment Law (with an emphasis on privacy)
- Social Media
- Intellectual Property - Copyright, fair use, DMCA
- Digital-Self Ownership: A Publicity-Rights Framework for Determining Employee Social Media Rights. American Business Law Journal, Fall, 2016, Vol. 53 (537-598).
- Employee Internet Privacy: A Proposed Act that Balances Legitimate Employer Rights and Employee Privacy. American Business Law Journal, Winter, 2014, Vol. 51 (779-841).
- Transforming a Legal Studies Classroom: Clickers and Engagement (with Denise Farag). Journal of Legal Studies in Business, Spring, 2015, Vol. 32 (47-90).
- Unauthorized Televised Debate Footage in Political Campaign Advertising: Fair Use and the DMCA. Southern Law Journal, Spring, 2013, Vol. 23 (29-72)
- Legal and Ethical Issues Associated with Employee Use of Social Networks. (with Gundars Kaupins), Advances in Business Research, Fall, 2010, Vol. 1, No. 1
- Legal and Ethical Implications of Corporate Social Networks. (with Gundars Kaupins), Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, December 2010, Vol. 22, No. 4, http://www.springerlink.com/content/446x810tx0134588/
- Legal Environment of Business. Bixby, Michael, Beck-Dudley, Caryn, Cihon, Patrick, and Park, Susan. Pearson Custom Publishing, 5th Edition (2011) (6th edition forthcoming - Fall, 2014)
- Legal and Ethical Challenges of Corporate Networking. (with Gundars Kaupins), Advances in Sociology Research, Vol. 12. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2012. (ISBN 978-1-61470-746-2)
- Study Guide for the Legal Environment of Business. Pearson Custom Publishing. Written as a companion to The Legal Environment of Business, 4th Edition, Bixby, Beck-Dudley, and Cihon (6th edition forthcoming - Fall, 2014)
- 2016 ABLJ Hoeber Memorial Excellence in Research Award
- 2015 JLSE Hoeber Memorial Excellence in Research Award
- 2015 Boise State Golden Apple Award
- 2012-13 President, Pacific Northwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- 2013 Conference Chair, Pacific Northwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business Annual Conference, Seattle, WA
- 2011 National Academy of Legal Studies in Business Conference Delegate (representing the Pacific Northwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business)
- 2006 Professor of the Year – Alpha Kappa Psi, Boise State University
- Seven Outstanding Teaching Awards
- Member, Idaho State Bar (affiliate)
- Law Clerk, Idaho Supreme Court (for Chief Justice Bakes)
- Idaho Law Review Symposium Editor
- Idaho Law Review Outstanding Student Writing Award
- Three American Jurisprudence Awards for highest exam grade ("writing the book") in Property, Torts, and Civil Procedure