Boise State University’s Executive MBA program gives you the inside track, the opportunity to learn from world-class, experienced faculty, enhance your strengths and address areas for improvement. A few of our experts include:
Kirk Smith, PhD
Dr. Smith is a Professor of Marketing and served as Associate Dean for Business Graduate Studies and Executive Education 2004-2014.
Prior to joining academia, Kirk spent nearly a decade in the industrial work world. He introduced new products and led the successful turnaround to profitability for two companies. A mechanical engineer converted to business strategist, he specializes in marketing strategy, professional selling, and critical thinking skills.
Kirk has provided programs and services for numerous local companies including Biomark, Closed Loop Marketing, Extended Systems, Hewlett-Packard, MotivePower, Stellar Dynamics, and Washington Group International.
He has won teaching awards at both the University of Houston and Boise State University. His published research has appeared in the Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Asia-Pacific Business, and the Journal of Marketing for Higher Education.
- PhD, Marketing, University of Houston
- MBA, Colorado State University
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University
- Marketing Strategy
- Business to Business Marketing
- Personal Selling
- Sales Management
- Executive MBA
- "Measurement of Modern and Traditional Self-Concepts in Asian Transitional Economies," Journal of Asia Pacific Business, September 2009, with Thi Tuyet Mai Nguyen and Johnson SC Cao.;
- "When Aha Moments Make All The Difference," Journal of Management Inquiry, March 2009, with the Executive MBA Design Team: Nancy Napier, Roy Glen, Paul Bahnson, Harry White, and Cheryl Maille.
- Recipient, Boise State University Honored Faculty Member, by 2002 Top MBA Student, Valentina Kuskova
- Nominee, Boise State University, University-Wide Foundation Teaching Scholar
Current Courses: Spring 2018
|Course||Room & Times|
|EMBA 514-2999: Creating Competitive Advantage II|
|EMBA 525-2999: Issues in Leadership II|
|EMBA 515-2999: Fostering Innovation|
|EMBA 591-2999: Project|
|EMBA 517-2999: Issues in Leadership I|
|EMBA 513-2999: Creating Competitive Advantage I|
|EMBA 524-2999: Partnerships, Acquisitions, and Divestitures|
|MBA 524-1: APPLIED CAPSTONE PROJECT START|
"Tuesday Thursday 11:35AM-1:15PM - MBEB2302"
|MBA 525-1: APPLIED CAPSTONE PROJECT FINISH|| MBEB2302"|
"Tues Wed - Thurs
|MBA 502-1: FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING|
"Monday Wednesday 1:30PM-4:15PM - MBEB4001"