Boise State University’s Executive MBA program gives you the inside track, the opportunity to learn from world-class, experienced faculty, enhance your strengths and address areas for improvement. A few of our experts include:
Tom Gattiker, PhD
Thomas F. Gattiker, PhD, CFPIM, is a Professor of Supply Chain Management at Boise State University. Before obtaining his Ph.D. from the University of Georgia (2000), he held a variety of industry positions in operations and inventory management, most recently at Rockwell Automation/Reliance Electric. His research interests are in environmentally sustainable business and in the application of information systems to operations and supply chain management. His research appears in leading journals including the Journal of Operations Management, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Journal of Business Logistics and MIS Quarterly. He serves as Associate Editor at Journal of Operations Management and the Journal of Supply Chain Management. He is former Chair of the Operations Management Division of the Academy of Management. He enjoys spending time in the outdoors with his family and friends.
- PhD, University of Georgia
- MBA, University of Georgia
- AB, Davidson College
- Purchasing & Supply Management
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Kroes JR, Manikas, AS, Gattiker, TF. (2015) Metro Meals on Wheels – Treasure Valley Employs a Low-Cost Routing Tool to Improve Deliveries, Interfaces .
- Gattiker, TF, Carter CR, Huang, X, Tate, WL. (2014) Gaining Managerial Commitment for Supply Management Sustainability Projects. Journal of Business Logistics , 35(4).
- Huang, X, Gattiker, TF & Schroeder RG (2010). Do competitive priorities drive adoption of electronic commerce applications? Testing the contingency and institutional views. Journal of Supply Chain Management.
- Gattiker, TF & Carter, CR (2010). Understanding project champions' ability to gain intra-organizational commitment for environmental projects. Journal of Operations Management.
- Huang, X & Gattiker, TF & Schwarz, JL (2008). Interpersonal trust formation during the supplier selection process: The role of communication channel. Journal of Supply Chain Management
- Huang, X, Gattiker, TF & Schroeder RG (2008). Structure-infrastructure alignment: the relationship between TQM orientation and the adoption of supplier-facing electronic commerce among manufacturers. Journal of Supply Chain Management
- Gattiker, TF, Huang, X, Schwarz, JL (2007). Negotiation, email, and internet reverse auctions: How sourcing mechanisms deployed by buyers affect suppliers’ trust. Journal of Operations Management
- Gattiker, TF & Goodhue, DL (2005). What happens after ERP implementation: How interdependence and differentiation affect plant level outcomes. MIS Quarterly
- 2014 Journal of Supply Chain Management Outstanding Associate Editor Award
- 2013 Academy of Management Operations Management Service Award
- 2012 Journal of Operations Management Best Associate Editor Award
- 2010 COBEAC Outstanding Researcher Award
- 2010 Student Gov't Outstanding Educator Award Nominee
- 2008 Journal of Supply Chain Management Harold E Fearon Best Paper Award
- 2007 Journal of Supply Chain Management Outstanding Associate Editor Award
- 2005 Academy of Management OM Division Best Reviewer Award
- 1999 APICS Education and Research Foundation George and Marion Plossl Fellow
- 1999 CFPIM (Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management)
Current Courses: Fall 2017
|Course||Room & Times|
|SCM 345-4001: PRINCIPLES OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT|
ONLINE ONLINE -