Boise State University’s Executive MBA program gives you the inside track, the opportunity to learn from world-class, experienced faculty, enhance your strengths and address areas for improvement. A few of our experts include:
Paul R. Bahnson, PhD
Paul has 30 years of experience as a full-time faculty member and has served as both department chair and associate dean during his years at Boise State University. He teaches financial accounting courses at the graduate and undergraduate level. Paul’s research focuses on limitations in the financial statements provided to public company shareholders. This research includes two books and more than two dozen published journal articles. He is best known for the feature column he coauthors with Professor Paul Miller for Accounting Today. The column, running under the banner “The Spirit of Accounting,” has appeared in every monthly issue going back to 1999. Both Pauls were included on the list of the 100 Most Influential People in the Accounting Profession in 2011 for their critical perspective on international convergence of accounting standards. Before completing his Ph.D, Paul worked as an auditor with a Big Four firm and served a one-year postgraduate internship at the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
- PhD, Business Administration - Accounting, University of Utah
- MBA - Managerial Finance, Indiana University
- BA - Accounting, Augustana College
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- “Improving Income Statement Reporting of Debt Extinguishments.” with Troy Hyatt and Dave Koeppen. CPA Journal, November 2017, pp. 48-51.
- "The FASB: the People the Process and the Politics," with Paul Miller and Rodney Redding. Fifth edition, Sigel Press. 2016.
- “A Penny for Your Thoughts: Sizing Up Manipulative EPS Rounding and What It Means.” with Paul Miller and Greg Martin. Strategic Finance, July 2012, pp. 35-39.
- 2014 Little Morris Outstanding Teaching Award
- 2012 College of Business and Economics Advisory Board Research Award.
- 2011’s Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting (as selected by Accounting Today).
- 2010 Deloitte & Touche Research Award
- 2009 Lawler Award for best article published in the Journal of Accountancy during 2008 for “A New Day for Business Combinations.”
- 2008 Lybrand medal for outstanding IMA article, “Top Ten Reasons to Change the Conceptual Framework.”; Hewlett Packard Outstanding Service Award (2007)