Location, Location, Location.
You can get an MBA anywhere. Where do you want to live?
The College of Business and Economics (COBE) is located in the heart of our region’s business community, and is one of our nation’s most desirable cities to live, work, and play.
Why it matters.
In business location always matters. Our location in Idaho’s capital city and the business hub of our region, gives COBE students access to extensive internship opportunities, a sampling of careers, and a foot in the door.
Our City’s recent headlines
- Best Towns 2010: #1 Overall Town in Western U.S. — Outside Magazine
- Picked as one of the best places to live in 2009 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Most Secure U.S. Place to Live (2007) Farmers Insurance Group
- “Welcome to Boise, Idaho, the last great place in the American West — where housing remains affordable, Western culture still thrives, and access to the nation’s wildest state begins within city limits.” — National Geographic Adventure magazine in September 2006
- No. 8 Best Place to Live by Money magazine in July 2006
- “Sitting at the junction of the arid plateau of the high desert and the western foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the capital of Idaho offers all the outdoor advantages of more ballyhooed Western towns but with less, well, ballyhoo.” — The New York Times in July 2006
- Top 10 Places for Outdoor Activities by Sperling’s Best Places in October 2005
- “The secret to living large affordably — do it in a small city like Boise… Despite its diminutive size, I conclude, this city has star quality.” — National Geographic Traveler magazine in March 2006
- No. 4 Best Walking City in the U.S. by Prevention magazine in April 2006
- “A rejuvenated downtown and a budding arts community mean that after a day of rafting… you don’t have to turn in once the sun fades.” — The New York Times in July 2006
- No. 1 by Forbes magazine in its 2005 Best Places for Business and Careers
- No. 2 by Inc. magazine in its 2005 Best Places rankings for job growth
- No. 1 by Bike magazine for best places to live and bike in 2003
- America’s #1 Bike Town (2003) Bike Magazine
- Named one of the hottest tech cities by Newsweek magazine in 1998
- #3 Best Place for Business and Careers Forbes Magazine (2007)
- #4 Best City for Mid-level Professionals Kiplinger.Com (2007)
- #2 Best Place for Doing Business in America Inc.Com (2005)
- #19 Best Place to Live and Launch a Career CNN Money (2008)
- #2 Safest Place to Live Forbes.Com (2005)
- #4 Best City to Live, Work, and Play Kiplinger Personal Finance (2008)