Applicants are encouraged to apply early to be assured a spot in the program and to be considered for the more lucrative scholarships.
Application for Admission
- Students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution no later than July 15, of the summer preceding planned enrollment.
- All official transcripts should be sent directly to:
- Graduate Admission and Degree Services
Business Bldg, Room 307
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID 83725-1110
- or if emailed directly from the university, send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Admission and Degree Services
GMAT or GRE test scores
- Admission eligibility is based in part on the student’s GPA calculated over last 30 hours and a satisfactory score on the GMAT Exam OR GRE Exam.
- Test scores should be sent to Boise State University’s code: 4018
- GMAT: Ideal candidate will have a score of around 550 and a GPA around 3.3
- GRE: Ideal candidate will have a score of around 155/155 (new test standards) and a GPA around 3.3
- Students applying for Financial Aid and should take the GMAT or GRE no later than January. All other applicants should take the GMAT or GRE no later than March.
- For more information on the GMAT, see our Exams page.
- “Fast Track” Option (No GMAT/GRE) requirement:
Please notify the Career Track MBA Director if you would like to be considered for a waiver from this requirement.
- For recent graduates with a 3.3 GPA for STEM majors or 3.6 GPA all other majors (GPA calculated using the last 30 hours),
- OR for applicants with 3 years of significant management experience and a 3.5 GPA in their undergraduate career,
- OR who already possess a master’s or doctoral level degree and a 3.5 GPA in their graduate career.
International students must complete the TOEFL exam with a score of 587/240/95 or IELTS score of 6.5 or better. They may be asked to provide a statement of adequate funding and certified English translations of transcripts. Details at the Department of Admissions International Students page.
The steps below should be completed and uploaded on the Apply Yourself on-line application portal. Once you submit your on-line application and you select the Career Track MBA program you will be able to upload the following application materials. Note: You may be admitted to the Graduate College once you submit your application, send your transcripts and pay your fee, however, you must complete the following before being considered for admission to the Career Track MBA program.
Two Recommendations: The recommendations are to be completed by a person who has been your direct supervisor in a professional setting or your professor in an academic setting. The on-line application system will ask for the name and email of the two people who will be recommending you. They will then be sent instructions on how to complete the recommendation forms and/or letter.
A current detailed resume highlighting your professional work and/or volunteer experience. Do not be concerned with brevity. Please include start and end dates (month and year) for each position held, and indicate full or part time. You must also include three additional references (names and contact information – no letter required). Please include different reference than the people filling out the recommendation forms.
Please answer the following questions. Essays should be double spaced.
1) Tell us about a time when you tried to reach a goal or a task that was challenging, difficult, or frustrating. What did you learn from the experience? (maximum 500 words)
2) Each of our applicants is unique. Describe how your background, values, academics, and/or leadership skills influenced your career goals. How do you expect a Boise State MBA to help you achieve these goals? (maximum 750 words)
Is there anything you would like to share with the MBA Admissions Committee in considering your application? (maximum 500 words)
- Required for re-applicants only:
Since your previous application, what are the steps you’ve taken to strengthen your candidacy?
Once all of your application materials have been processed, we will contact you to schedule your interview.
- No Deadlines for program admission (we have a rolling admissions and will accept applications through summer or until all seats have been filled)
- Deadline to apply for Graduate Assistantship applicants is March 1 but you will need to be accepted to the program (or close to completion to be considered for the Graduate Assistantship)
- GEM Scholarship applicants preferred deadline is February 1