Gabe Linehan, together with his mentor at Northwestern Mutual, Randy Smith, spearheaded an effort to pool a group of alumni together to make a meaningful gift to Boise State University to benefit future students. Gabe engaged co-workers, who are Boise State alumni, to establish life insurance policies with the Boise State University Foundation as the sole owner and beneficiary. Policy face values collectively total $1,000,000. This was no small effort and took a series of meetings and multiple steps. Gabe remained diligent and steadfast to accomplish the original goal.
“Other Broncos may be interested in contributing to Boise State in a similar way. It leaves a great legacy and you can give more than you think possible.” said Gabe. “We know how to do this now and Northwestern Mutual can help make it happen.”
As each policy matures, proceeds will be directed to the Northwestern Mutual Bronco Alumni Scholarship specifically for full-time students in the College of Business and Economics.
- Chad Colton, Operations Management BBA ’07
- Shawn Cudney, Political Science BA, Business Minor, ’12
- Darby Heidemann, Finance BBA, ’91
- Gabe Linehan, Marketing BBA’13
- Kevin Rigenhagen, Political Science BS ’98
- Randall L Smith, Accountancy BBA ’86
- Travis Stokes, Business Management BBA ’03
- Brie Wilson, Marketing BBA ’07
- Max Wilson, Accountancy BBA and Finance BBA ’07