What is Beta Alpha Psi?
Beta Alpha Psi is a national scholastic organization that promotes professional excellence in the field of accounting. The primary objective is to provide an enhanced university experience through personal and professional development, while consistently encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility. Participation in this organization results in the development of future contacts through networking opportunities among members and practicing accounting professionals.
- Boise State Homecoming
- Meet the Firms
- Community Service
What does Beta Alpha Psi normally do?
Beta Alpha Psi engages in a series of professional meetings and community service projects throughout each semester. In the Fall, Beta Alpha Psi and its members typically visit accounting firms in the Boise area and host a “Meet the Firms Night” where members can speak with firm representatives on a one-on-one basis. In the spring, Beta Alpha Psi focuses on specific topic areas such as networking or industry and governmental accounting. It is an opportunity to learn from special guest speakers and panel discussions.
What are the benefits of Beta Alpha Psi membership?
- Beta Alpha Psi offers its members great networking opportunities. Students have the opportunity to meet potential employers and to develop professional relationships at weekly meetings and at Beta’s annual “Meet the Firms Night”.
- Membership is a great way to meet other accounting students and to get to know the accounting faculty.
- Beta Alpha Psi is both a recognized and respected collegiate organization within the business community. Membership always looks good on a resume!
What are the requirements for membership?
- At minimum, we expect a two (2) semester commitment from our members.
- Currently enrolled in at least one upper division accounting, finance, or ITM class
- Attend at least 80% of meetings, (at least 10 meetings)
- Acquire a minimum of 12 professional hours per year (20 recommended)
- Participate in community service projects; minimum of 6 service hours per semester (numerous service activities provided throughout the semester to accomplish this)
- All members are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- For more information or any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org