Need help preparing your federal and state tax returns? The Department of Accountancy has a free tax preparation assistance program through the IRS. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is available to anyone that makes $62,000 or less annually. Our trained accounting students will be available to help you prepare your tax returns most Wednesday afternoons during tax season. No appointment necessary, walk-in clients are assisted on a first-come-first-served basis.
Location: Boise Public Library (Main Branch)
Address: 715 S Capitol Blvd, Boise, ID 83702
Time: Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Spring 2017 Dates
- February 1 – April 12, 2017
- Reduced hours on March 8 (12:30-3:00 p.m.)
- The site will be closed on March 22 (spring break)
What Should I bring?
Please bring the following items to receive help:
- prior year tax return
- original social security cards
- income forms (W-2s, 1099s)
- other income or expense documentation
- proof of identification
- voided check (for direct deposit)
Still have questions?
For more information, please contact Kathy Hurley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 426-1271.