The Department of Accountancy, along with local businesses, awards more than $40,000 in scholarships to accounting majors every year. To be considered for accountancy scholarships you must complete Boise State University’s scholarship application by the spring deadline. A scholarship committee will review the applications in April. Don’t assume that you won’t qualify for a scholarship. If you meet the minimum requirements, submit an application!
The College of Business and Economics also awards scholarships each year. You can apply for both department and college level scholarships by completing the same application. If you have questions about accountancy scholarships, please contact our department’s committee member, Dr. Dave Koeppen. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who may apply:
- All full-time graduate and undergraduate accounting majors (undergraduate = 12 credits or more, graduate = 9 credits or more).
- The committee gives preference to students who will be juniors or seniors for the coming school year and have a overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- You will be notified of any awards by email in mid- to late April. Check your myBoiseState student account for awards.
- Some scholarships are awarded based on financial need. For need-based scholarships you must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
When to apply:
Complete the Boise State scholarship application on or before:
- February 15 for all students (new, continuing, transfer and grad students)
If you are pursuing an Accounting degree and want to be considered for Department of Accountancy scholarships, you must provide the following when prompted on the Boise State scholarship application:
- Your Academic Advisement Report – continuing students; or unofficial transcripts – new or transfer students
- A brief essay describing why you are interested in the accounting profession and your intended career path
- Outside activities you are involved in including Honors, leadership roles, communication skills and group dynamics
- Memberships in relevant school/professional organizations
- A brief record of employment including the employer, location, nature of duties and dates employed
Please upload all documents as a single word or PDF document (8 MB max file size). Make sure your full name and student ID number is on the header of each page.
GEM Scholarship for Master’s Students
The GEM Scholarship for graduate students waives non-resident tuition for out-of-state and international graduate students with an overall GPA of at least 3.00 who are accepted into an eligible graduate degree program. Qualified students who attended Boise State as an undergraduate are eligible for a graduate GEM Scholarship, even if they received GEM support as an undergraduate. Find out more about the GEM Scholarship >>
Other Accountancy Scholarships
These scholarships are not maintained by Boise State University or the Department of Accountancy. They are subject to change at any time so check these pages often.
- Boise State Foundation scholarships – March 15 deadline!
- Idaho Association of Public Accountants scholarships – Betty Schmidt Scholarship fund
- Idaho Society of CPAs scholarships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants scholarships
- National Conference of CPA Practitioners scholarships
- National Society of Accountants scholarships