Fred M. Christensen
Fred has been a member of the faculty at Boise State University for over 30 years. He has taught introductory, intermediate and advanced accounting, as well as auditing. He has been awarded the Outstanding Teacher Award for the Department of Accountancy.
Fred has also been a national instructor for the American Society of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He enjoys the interaction with fellow professionals that instructing affords him. He also acknowledges that he always learns something new to share with his classes at Boise State. Seminar participants praise his ability to make governmental and not-for-profit accounting and auditing topics interesting. For the 2013 CPE year, Fred was named an Outstanding Discussion Leader for the AIPCA.
Fred has served on the Peer Review Committee of the Idaho Society of CPAs. He has also served on the Quality Review Oversight Committee for the Idaho State Board of Accounting. Currently, he is servicing on the Finance Committee of the Catholic Charities of Idaho.
He graduated cum laude from what is now known as the University of Utah with a bachelor of science in accounting and master of business administration.
- MBA, Finance Emphasis, University of Utah
- BS, Accounting, University of Utah
- Financial Reporting
- Government & Nonprofit Financial Reporting
- Financial Statement Auditing
- Internship Director - Department of Accountancy
- National Instructor for AICPA, presentations include
- Government and Nonprofit Accounting & Auditing Standards
- Financial Accounting & Reporting Standards Updates
- Conducting Effective & Efficient Audits
- Certified Public Accountant
- Outstanding Discussion Leader Awards - various states
Current Courses: Summer 2018
|Course||Room & Times|
|ACCT 493-1: Internship|
|ACCT 590-1: Practicum/Internship|