Almost every business and accounting class teaches students how financial information should be reported. Many classes even teach how to find and correct financial errors. But very few classes have to do specifically with fraud. Accountants and business professionals deal with fraud everyday. In our society it is becoming more and more necessary to know what to do and who to call when fraud happens. Certified Fraud Examiners dedicate their careers to preventing and detecting fraud.
Interested in a career in forensic accounting? Or learning about fraud? Or do you simply want to know how best to protect yourself? If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) is for you. The ACFE (also referred to as the CFE club) is dedicated to providing the best resources to help you learn to deal with fraud.
For more information about the ACFE, please visit the official ACFE website at http://www.acfe.com/student-membership.aspx. Here you will also find information about scholarships, resources and much more.
Ryan Baxter is the faculty advisor for the Boise State University Chapter of the ACFE. You can contact him with questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Becoming a Member
- Connect with students with similar interests
- Attend lectures & presentations from professionals in many fraud industries
- Occasional extra credit offered by some teachers for specific topics.
$25 fee (Optional)
- Receive a monthly Fraud newsletter with articles on current issues in the business community
- Access to the ACFE Article Archives – Terrific for class projects, term papers, and presentations
- Free attendance at local professional chapter meetings
- Discounted rates or scholarships for area, regional, and national conferences.
- Access to the online career center- with advice for preparing for a future as a forensic accountant or Certified Fraud Examiner. Access includes resume advice, internships, interviewing techniques, etc.
- Network with professionals in large and small organizations
- 65% discount on CFE Exam Prep materials and Exam fees. (Regularly $1200+, Student members pay only $350)