Tom Gattiker, PhD
Thomas Gattiker, PhD, CFPIM, is a Professor of Supply Chain Management at Boise State University. Before obtaining his Ph.D. from the University of Georgia (2000), he held a variety of industry positions in operations and inventory management, most recently at Rockwell Automation/Reliance Electric. His research interests are in environmentally sustainable business and in the application of information systems to operations and supply chain management. He serves as Associate Editor at Journal of Operations Management and the Journal of Supply Chain Management; and he has been named AE of the year at both these journals. He is former Chair of the Operations Management Division of the Academy of Management. He is certified at the Fellow level in production and inventory management (CFPIM) by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS). He enjoys spending time with his family, especially in the outdoors.
- PhD, University of Georgia; MBA, University of Georgia; AB, Davidson College
- Environmentally sustainable supply management; Information systems and e-commerce systems in operations and supply chain management.
- Huang, X, Gattiker, TF & Schroeder RG (2010). Do competitive priorities drive adoption of electronic commerce applications? Testing the contingency and institutional views. Journal of Supply Chain Management.
- Gattiker, TF & Carter, CR (2010). Understanding project champions' ability to gain intra-organizational commitment for environmental projects. Journal of Operations Management
- Huang, X & Gattiker, TF & Schwarz, JL (2008). Interpersonal trust formation during the supplier selection process: The role of communication channel. Journal of Supply Chain Management
- Huang, X, Gattiker, TF & Schroeder RG (2008). Structure-infrastructure alignment: the relationship between TQM orientation and the adoption of supplier-facing electronic commerce among manufacturers. Journal of Supply Chain Management
- Gattiker, TF, Huang, X, Schwarz, JL (2007). Negotiation, email, and internet reverse auctions: How sourcing mechanisms deployed by buyers affect suppliers’ trust. Journal of Operations Management
- Gattiker, TF & Goodhue, DL (2005). What happens after ERP implementation: How interdependence and differentiation affect plant level outcomes. MIS Quarterly
- 2012 JOM Best Associate Editor Award; 2010 COBEAC Outstanding Researcher Award; 2010 Student Gov't Outstanding Educator Award Nominee; 2008 JSCM Harold E Fearon Best Paper Award; 2007 JSCM Outstanding Associate Editor Award; 2005 Academy of Management OM Division Best Reviewer Award; 1999 APICS Education and Research Foundation George and Marion Plossl Fellow; APICS CFPIM (Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management)
Current Courses: Spring 2015
|Course||Room & Times|
|SCM 345-4001: PRINCIPLES OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT|
|SCM 345-5534: PRINCIPLES OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT|