Sian Mooney, PhD
Dr. Mooney joined the Department of Economics within the College of Business and Economics at Boise State University in 2006. She is currently on an assignment with the National Science Foundation as a Program Director with the Office of the Director, Office of Integrative Activities, Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research.Between 2009 and 2011 she was the BSU lead on a $15 million grant from the National Science Foundation that considers climate and water interactions within Idaho. Her current research examines incentives for social scientists to collaborate in mixed discipline research projects. She has worked on a broad array of environmental topics such as the design of economic incentives, policies and contracts to support greenhouse gas credit trading; drought management; endangered species protection; mitigation of climate change and; erosion control and water quality protection in sub-Saharan Africa. Dr Mooney holds a governors appointment to the Idaho Governor’s Carbon Sequestration Advisory Committee and the Governor’s Energy Assessment Committee.
- PhD, Agricultural and Resource Economics, Oregon State University; MSc, Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, University of Manitoba; BSc, Agricultural Economics, University College of Wales, Aberystwyth
- FOR FULL LISTING PLEASE SEE CV
- Chatterjee, A, S. Mooney, and G.F. Vance. 2010. Comparisons of carbon pools and economic profitability for managed ponderosa pine stands in Wyoming, USA. Journal of Forestry Research 21(4): 482-486
- Ritten J.P., W.M. Frasier, C.T. Bastian, S.I. Paisley, M and S. Mooney. 2010. A Multi-period Analysis of Two Common Livestock Management Strategies Given Fluctuating Precipitation and Variable Prices. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics. 42(2)
- Mooney, S., K. Gerow, J.M. Antle, S.M. Capalbo and K. Paustian. 2007. Reducing Standard Errors by Incorporating Spatial Autocorrelation into a Measurement Scheme for Soil Carbon Credits. Climatic Change. 80:55–72.
- Mooney, S., J. M. Antle, S. M. Capalbo and K. Paustian. 2004. Design and Costs of a Measurement Protocol for Trades in Soil Carbon Credits. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics 52(3):257-287.
- Antle, J., S. Capalbo, S. Mooney, E. Elliot and K. Paustian. 2003. Spatial Heterogeneity and the Design of Efficient Carbon Sequestration Policies for Agriculture. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 46(2):231-250
- Mooney, S., D. Young; K. Cobourn and S. Islam. Multidisciplinary Research: Implications for Agricultural and Applied Economists. 2013. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 45,2:1-16.
- Elbakidze, L., Xiaozhe Shen, Garth Taylor and Sian Mooney. 2012. Spatio-temporal Analysis of Prior Appropriations Water Calls. Water Resources Research. VOL. 48, W00L07, 13 PP., doi:10.1029/2011WR010609