Paul R. Bahnson, PhD
- PhD, Business Administration--Accounting, University of Utah
- MBA-- Managerial Finance, Indiana University
- BA--Accounting, Augustana College
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- “A Penny for Your Thoughts: Sizing Up Manipulative EPS Rounding and What It Means.” with Paul Miller and Greg Martin. Strategic Finance, July 2012, pp. 35-39.
- “Continuing the Normative Dialog: Illuminating the Asset/Liability Theory,” with Paul Miller. Accounting Horizons, September 2010, pp. 419-440.
- "When Aha Moments Make All the Difference," with Nancy Napier, Roy Glen, Cheryl Maille, Kirk Smith and Harry White. Journal of Management Inquiry, March 2009, pp. 64-76.
- “Noncontrolling Interest: Much More Than A Name Change,” with Paul Miller and Brian McAllister. Journal of Accountancy, Nov. 2008, pp. 46-54
- “A New Day for Business Combinations,” with Paul Miller and Brian McAlister. Journal of Accountancy, June 2008, pp. 34-39
- 2012 College of Business and Economics Advisory Board Research Award.
- 2011’s Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting (as selected by Accounting Today).
- 2010 Deloitte & Touche Research Award
- 2009 Lawler Award for best article published in the Journal of Accountancy during 2008 for “A New Day for Business Combinations.”
- 2008 Lybrand medal for outstanding IMA article, “Top Ten Reasons to Change the Conceptual Framework.”; Hewlett Packard Outstanding Service Award (2007)
Current Courses: Fall 2013
|Course||Room & Times|
|ACCT 516-001: Financial Statement Analysis |
Tuesday Thursday 1:30PM-2:45PM
|ACCT 512-001: Financial Reporting Theory |
Tuesday Thursday 9:00AM-10:15AM