MSA Admission Standards
All Graduate applicants must satisfy the admissions criteria and successfully complete the admissions procedures before a final admission decision will be made. The Admissions Committee will review and evaluate prior academic performance, leadership experience, professional experience, aptitude for graduate study, general motivation, and managerial attributes based on the admission standards set by the College of Business and Economics for the graduate business programs.
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s in Accountancy from an accredited institution. Students who do not meet this requirement must take the required undergraduate courses before being eligible to take graduate courses.
- Applicants should consider some general information, then complete an application for admission. International Student Applications are available through the Admissions Office.
- All official transcripts should be sent directly to:
Graduate Admission and Degree Services
Business Bldg, Room 307
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID 83725-1110
- Admission is based in part on the student’s undergraduate record and a satisfactory score on the GMAT: Undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.00 and GMAT exam score ≥ 500.
- Students applying for Financial Aid and for Fall enrollment should take the GMAT in January. All other Fall applicants should take the GMAT in March. For Spring enrollment, students should take the GMAT in August. For Summer enrollment, students should take the GMAT in January. For more information on the GMAT, see our Exams page.
- Foreign students must complete the TOEFL exam with a score of 587/240/95 or IELTS score of 6.5 or better. They may be asked to provide a statement of adequate funding and certified English translations of transcripts. Details at the Department of Admissions International Students page.
- A current detailed resume. Do not be concerned with brevity. Please include start and end dates (month and year) for each position held, and indicate full or part time.
- Please answer one of the following three questions. Responses should be limited to two double-spaced pages per question.
A. Discuss your career goals, both short-term and long-term. How will Boise State University’s MSA program help you achieve these goals?
B. Discuss two or three situations in the past three years where you have taken a leadership role. How do these events demonstrate your managerial potential?
C. Please give a brief, candid evaluation of yourself. Include some discussion of your strengths and weaknesses. What do you consider most unique or distinctive about yourself?
- Two completed msa-recommendation: These forms are to be completed by a person who has been your direct supervisor in a professional setting or your professor in an academic setting.
Submit additional requirements to:
Business Graduate Studies
College of Business and Economics B307
Boise State University
1910 University Dr. MS 1600
Boise, ID 83725-1600
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Admission Deadlines
February 1: Fall Semester deadline for students applying for Fall Graduate Assistantships and Gem State Hi-Tech Scholarships.
March 1: Summer Session deadline for all students.
June 1: Fall Semester deadline for all other students.
October 1: Spring Semester deadline for all students.