This department offers internships in both marketing and finance. We strongly encourage you to consider applying for an internship after you have taken at least two courses in your chosen major field. If you are interested in applying for a marketing internship, you should have completed Mktg 301, Principles of Marketing, and another upper division marketing course. If you are interested in applying for a finance internship, you should have completed Finan 303, Principles of Finance, and another upper division finance course.
Here are some reasons for and possible benefits of participating in an internship:
- Apply what you have learned in the classroom and sharpen your skills.
- Get on-the-job training in your chosen career field before you complete school.
- Receive mentoring from a professional in your chosen field.
- Discover what you have to offer to potential employers after you graduate.
- Develop a network of professionals who can help you find out about good job opportunities.
- Obtain references from people who may be able to help you land the job you want.
In short, internships are an important part of any student’s career.