Management Department Undergraduate Internship Update
by Gundars Kaupins Ph.D., SPHR
Spring 2014 Internships for Undergraduate Boise State Students
Volume 27, No. 15, November 26 , 2013
Newest Undergraduate Internships:
Agri Beef, Inc.
Farmers Insurance (received November 11, 2013)
Idaho Department of Correction
Idaho Department of Labor Employer Association
Independent School District of Boise City (received November 21, 2013)
Keller Williams Real Estate
Moxie Java (received November 26, 2013)
Tater Tots Academy
US Department of Interior
Call the contacts listed below. If the contacts want you and you want to work with them, do the following:
This internship list is solely designed to enhance the internship opportunities of management students at Boise State University. For university-wide internships, contact Anne Evans, Internship Coordinator (426-3408, firstname.lastname@example.org). no political/social/religious organizations have any preferential treatment. The accuracy of internship listing and the availability of internships is not guaranteed. Just because the company is listed does not mean that the position qualifies for an internship.
HR/Statistics Intern 10-20 hours a week at a facility located in Nampa, ID.
Assisting HR Manager with a variety of projects:
- Utilizing Visio to help with the preparation of presentations
- Assisting with writing of new job descriptions
- Assisting with reporting
- Compiling data for department
Must have advanced skills in Excel to include pivot tables.
Please contact Adecco at 887-0877 to apply:
Janet Christensen Branch Manager
Adecco 7459 450 South Meridian Road, Suite 105 Meridian, ID 83646
What We Do:
We empower health club owners to engage their members surrounding their mobile lifestyle. Everyday their members are planning their lives using their Smartphone. We provide their organization with the tools to tap into this sacred space and create a sticky and connected relationship.
What We Want You To Do:
You will help make sales happen!
We call this a Sales Research Assistant, but you’re really the leader of finding the next potential customer. We need to uncover that next lead and make sure we know as much about that person as possible. This role takes courage, intellect and a lot of persistence and perseverance. There isn’t a simple solution, so creativity is a must!
What Skills We Think You Should Have:
You must be skilled on the web. Able to leverage different business social media tools to uncover that golden nugget. You should know MS Office and in particular, Excel.
How You Will Work:
This is initially an hourly position starting at $8 hour and we would like a commitment of at least 20 hours per week.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
AFL-CIO Organizing Institute
1444 Eye Street NW Suite 216 Washington D. C.
Serve as organizer for a participating AFL-CIO union. Paid.
Have the ability to multi-task several high-priority projects at once.
Be able to produce quality reports.
Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
Regional and District Office Location: 1455 N. Cole Road Boise, ID 83704 208/378-8300
College Agent/Associate Internship Program
Sales Associate Interns with AFLAC have the same opportunities to build their careers as our full-time associates. That is one big reason why our internship program is unmatched in the insurance industry. Like our full-time associates, our interns provide expert guidance and service for the insurance needs of individuals and businesses. The interns will work directly with business owners to provide AFLAC programs to their employees with no direct cost to the business. As an intern, you have the opportunity to be in business for yourself, but not alone. Supported by our coordinator team and our trainer, our interns have access to the resources, products, and assistance they need to help their clients and build their business. Working 15-20 hours per week, Sales Associate interns are able to gain necessary skills and knowledge of the insurance services industry, define their own target markets, and establish client relationships.
Preferred Qualifications: Completion of two academic years in BA or BS degree from a four-year institution; strong interpersonal skills; self-motivated; history of personal success. Interns earn commissions, plus stocks and renewals after 12 months.
Agri Beef, Inc.
TITLE: Human Resources Intern
The Human Resources Intern is responsible for supporting the HR department in the execution of activities to support business goals. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Intern will provide HR and administrative support to multiple locations in a wide range of duties. This is a highly interactive role involving continuous communication with employees at all levels of the organization as well as individuals and businesses outside of the organization. The Intern will
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Compile and distribute benefits materials, process enrollments and status changes, answer benefit related questions and communicate with benefits carriers
Manage job postings and applicant flow, review resumes, conduct phone screens, and schedule interviews
Represent Agri Beef in attendance at university and other job fairs
Provide back-up payroll processing and support
Assist with compliance and regulatory reporting
Coordinate and support employee welfare, wellness and health initiatives
Support the annual performance review process
Maintain employee files and human resource databases
Participate in ongoing HR projects and initiatives
General Administrative tasks
Keen sense of ethics and confidentiality with regard to employee and business issues
Awareness and general understanding of federal, state and local employment laws
Familiarity with Cobra, FMLA, ADA, compliance and regulatory filing requirements
Excellent written and verbal skills
Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
Superior attention to detail
Exceptional follow-up skills
Excellent time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
Proficiency in Microsoft products and experience using an HRIS system
Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
This will be a paid internship, $10/hr, approx 15-20 hours per week, available as soon as the right applicant is identified.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Human Resources Management student – Junior or Senior preferred
Previous experience working in a corporate or business office preferred
Sonja Totland | Sonja.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alzheimer’s Association is making a difference and so can you!
|The Alzheimer’s Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer’s Association was recently recognized as the # 1 large Best Non Profit to Work For in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work for 2013, for the third year in a row.|
|Essential Job Functions||The Opportunity:
This summer the Alzheimer’s Association (Greater Idaho, Boise office) is seeking to hire an intern candidate for the opportunity to learn, experience, work and contribute to the Association’s mission of creating a world without Alzheimer’s disease. In doing so, this intern will gain experience in our Physician Outreach Program, building community relationships; communications; Advocacy initiatives; supporting local activities with The Longest Day and Walk to End Alzheimer’s. This is a part time, unpaid internship. Candidate must be able to complete the internship in exchange for school credit. Internship location: Alzheimer’s Association -ID, office located at 6126 W. State Street, Boise, ID 83703
|Minimum Requirements||Candidate Qualifications:|
- Student must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university in the fields of marketing, public relations, journalism, science, gerontology, and/or nonprofit management.
- Proficient with Internet and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must enjoy working as part of team and be a self-starter eager to contribute individual results.
- Must be highly motivated, well-organized with excellent interpersonal skills.
Associated Insurance Services
Associated Insurance Services is interested in offering an internship opportunity for a Boise State University student that is seeking a degree in General Business. We would need the student to be in Junior or Senior standing before considering them for a position.
Bryan Graham Associated Insurance Services, LLC Property & Casualty Agent Business: (208) 336-7733 Cell: (208) 871-2739 email@example.com
The intern will have the opportunity to train in all departments of the insurance industry. Associated Insurance Services (Insurance Agency) will teach the student about customer service, sales, marketing and accounting. Associated Loggers Exchange (Insurance Company) will do training with the underwriting and claims department. The objective of this internship is to create an interest in the insurance industry, and show the intern how diverse a career in insurance can really be. We are also very interested in hiring a young professional that starts with our company through an internship program, so this is an excellent career opportunity. We would like to pre-screen and interview all the applicants, so we can find the best fit for the position.
Human Resource Specialist
Duties will include reviewing public sector job descriptions to determine and recommend appropriate job matches; writing a summary description for each job match; entering description into pre-developed database; and re-aligning computerized data to reflect appropriate job matches.
Qualification Requirements: Seeking applicants who have had some classroom experience in Classification and Compensation, with strong computer skills. Applicants must have own computer; Most work will be completed independently at your location.
Work Hours are flexible, with minimum 15-20 hours per week for 8-12 weeks.
Compensation will be provided at a rate of $10/hour, with potential for a performance incentive upon completion of the project for a job well done. School credit can be earned at 3 credits for 135 hours total (as approved by Gundy Kaupins). This will be an independent contractor position and all taxes will be your responsibility; when total compensation exceeds $600 BDPA, Inc. is required to prepare a 1099 tax form that will be issued to you at the end of the calendar year.
Contact Andrea Fogleman, BDPA, Inc. at 853-1655 if interested.
BDPA, Inc. is an independently owned small business providing human resource consulting services to public sector, educational institutions, non-profits and small businesses since 1994.
Boise City Property Management
Boise City Property Management (BCPM) is looking for a Business/Marketing major for an internship. The scope of the work would be to develop new advertising strategies and new market opportunities. Contact Dave Hunt at 283-3283 for details. Boise City Property Management, 5513 N. Glenwood St. Ste A Boise, ID 83714 Office: 906-0638 Cell: 283-3283 Fax: 343-4634 www.bcpm..biz firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Recruiting, Christie Heacock, at Christie.email@example.com or (800) 626.1255 x2480
Internship Summary: It’s often said that experience is life’s best teacher. As a Buckle intern, you’ll get exactly that—a challenging, hands-on retail experience. You can earn college credits while being exposed to different areas of our business—from merchandising and sales to recruiting and educating. By working as a valuable member of the sales team, you’ll gain an understanding of how the business works and what it takes to excel. This three to four month position—which can be full or part-time—provides you with the unique opportunity to expand your knowledge of the fashion retail industry and determine whether you’d like to further pursue a career with Buckle in our Management Development Program.
Complex Care Hospital
Complex Care Hospital of Idaho is a long-term acute care hospital specializing in the treatment of medically complex patients who require extended hospitalization. We are passionate about giving our patients the best chance at recovery from acute injury or illness by providing early and aggressive intervention in a critical care setting. Our treatment team includes physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dieticians and therapists across a range of disciplines — physical, speech, occupational, respiratory, and psychosocial therapy. We believe this interdisciplinary approach helps speed physical, emotional and spiritual recovery. We embrace each of our patients as individuals with a personal history and a unique health situation and we provide the compassion, support, and nurturing necessary to achieve optimal recovery. We have been open since April 2008 and have a 50-bed medical floor and a 10-bed intensive care unit. Complex Care Hospital of Idaho currently employs 150 full-time, part-time, and PRN employees.
Junior or Senior in Bachelor of Human Resource Management Program
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Willingness to comply with the necessary health screening for hospital employees/intern including a Tuberculosis screen and drug screen
- Must submit an application and allow us to conduct a background check prior to beginning the internship
- Basic Job Duties
- Assist the HR Manager with day-to-day human resource functions including: candidate recruitment applicant screening phone interviews in-person interviews interview follow-up performance documentation and management employee paperwork and correspondence personnel file audits filing employee appreciation and recognition events
- Intern Project Opportunities: Develop an employee newsletter to be distributed to all employees on a monthly basis Develop an exit interview to gain valuable insight on why employees are leaving the organization
Please let me know if you have any questions or need any additional information. Interested interns can mail or fax the completed application (get it from firstname.lastname@example.org) to the address/fax number listed below.
Erin Simms Human Resources Complex Care Hospital of Idaho 2131 S. Bonito Way Meridian, ID 83642
(208) 489-9515 direct (208) 608-2823 cell (208) 489-9509 fax.
Community Transport Association of Idaho
The Community Transportation Association of Idaho, a statewide non-profit membership association with the goal of improving mobility in Idaho is seeking an intern. We think that a business management student would benefit from the responsibilities and duties that they would be assigned for this internship. This is a paid internship. Tasks would include:
1. Assist in duties related to audit preparation.
2. Website communications and calendar management.
3. Manage member communications.
4. Assist with Website maintenance.
5. Board meeting preparation and minutes.
6. Basic office duties.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Kristin McGee, Executive Assistant, 913 W. River Street, Suite 440, Boise, ID 83702 CTAI Community Transportation Association of Idaho Tel. 208.344.2354 | Cell 208.869-6451 | www.ctai.org
Conflict Coaching Website Developer for brand new program. Contact Becky Verity (c866-0083, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). The conflict coaching program is a confidential one on one process in which trained student coaches help fellow students help themselves accept, resolve, and manage their conflict.
The intern in the summer will create and design the Website and provide any relevant links. The intern will also do training (and how to update) to Becky Verity (supervisor of the program) and two interns. $7.00/hour
|Provides human resources support to ensure efficient and organized office operations for Connexions Boise Idaho.|
Allegra Higer| Human Resources Manager
Connexions Fulfillment Services
9300 W. Overland Rd. Ste 230 Boise, Idaho 83709
Phone: 208-429-2344 Mobile: 208-397-8388 Fax: 208-429-5423 Email: Ahiger@contactcfs.com
|Human Resources Support|
- Plays role in the planning and coordination of employee events, encouraging employee participation.
- Fields general employee questions regarding payroll, benefits and HR initiatives.
- Provides overflow recruitment support including sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews and checking references.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, documents standard operating procedures, and implements process enhancements to streamline manual processes and increase productivity.
- Coordinates on-boarding and off-boarding activities; workspace setup, collecting new hire paperwork, scheduling orientation, scheduling exit interviews, processing termination paperwork.
- Maintains and updates local monthly HR reporting and org charts.
- Maintains HR filing systems; personnel/employment, benefits, I-9, recruitment, etc.
- Drafts employee communications and updates HR content on intranet site.
- Provides general HR project and administrative support.
Corporate Legal Services
Contact Fran Koch 208-409-9117 or email@example.com 1712 N. 14th St. Boise, ID 83702.
Create Common Good
Are you craving an experience that will enrich your life as much as the lives you touch? A place to learn, grow, thrive, and give? An opportunity to challenge and be challenged? Consider interning with Create Common Good this fall!
1. Refugee Employability Intern – This person would work with CCG’s Office Manager to ensure all refugee trainee and employee resumes and documentation is current, up to date, and ready for graduations. This person would also be a liaison for potential employment placement, and would help research employers in the area who are hiring and communicate this information to our Director of Training. This individual would spend time individually tutoring refugees, blogging, and assisting as needed.
2. Training Assistant – Pre-req: Must have prior ESL teaching experience. This person would work directly with CCG’s Director of Training and assist with refugee vocational and language training courses. This individual may help with mock interviews, individual tutoring, language development, and any employment research and preparation needed for job development. This person would blog each week about one of the refugee trainees in our courses.
3. 4. Farm and Food Culture Interns (2)- CCG’s small farms (GROW) create valuable jobs and healthy produce for our communities. Interning with the farms will be fun and fill your bellies! These individuals would work directly with our Director of Farm Sales and Food Culture to bring what’s fresh at the farms each week to market. These individuals will be responsible for blogging and farm nutritional content creation and communication. These individuals will also work farm stands and markets throughout the week, understanding every aspect of local food development from planting and harvests to markets and sales.
5. STIR Event Intern – STIR is an exciting upmarket foodservice to the community – highlighting culturally surprising dishes, offering culinary training and employment to refugees, and bringing memorable experiences to all involved. The STIR event coordinator would assist CCG’s Office Manager with event preparation, managing the systems for events. Everything from flowers to STIR outer ware, equipment, and menu details will be handled by this intern along with our STIR event staff. STIR’s Event Intern would also work STIR events – helping with set-up, food service, and event break down and clean up. This individual must apply in person at CCG’s main office.
6. Development Intern – There are a variety of areas of fund development that CCG participates in…grant writing, individual donor development, and earned incomes. This intern would primarily be responsible for supporting individual donor communication and tax documentation. In addition, this intern would do grant research and potentially assist with grants if and as needed.
SOCIAL MEDIA -
7. Social Media Intern – Create Common Good launched our new brand January 2011, and since has been building our in person and online awareness. This social media position would include online data analysis and measurement, as well as day to day social media needs with Facebook, Twitter, and other online vehicles. This person would help coordinate content development of videos and new photos, and could also handle some content creation and media production if qualified.
If you’re thirsty for social change and excited to play an instrumental part in community transformation, you might be the right person for the job. To apply for any of these internships, please send a resume and email to Create Common Good (firstname.lastname@example.org) telling us why you are the right person for this position.
Delta Dental of Idaho
is currently seeking an unpaid spring intern to assist the Human Resources Manager.
Delta Dental is located in beautiful Southeast Boise, within walking distance of the Boise River Greenbelt. We have a team of approximately 50 dedicated employees, focused on service to both our customers and the community. As an organization, we strive to sustain a positive and productive work environment. Our goal is to work hard, be happy in our jobs, and have fun.
You will have the opportunity to learn about multiple HR disciplines including Benefits, Organizational & Employee Development, Ethics & Sustainability & Staffing Management. The right candidate will be a motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a high level of integrity, as he/she will be working with confidential information on a daily basis.
Project opportunities may include:
- Revise current employee personnel manual
- Develop HR policy electronic handbook using existing policies
- Conduct HR personnel file audit
- Develop training for managers concerning 2013 employment law updates
- Junior/Senior or graduate pursuing degree in Human Resources
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Interested candidates please submit resume and cover letter to:
Delta Dental of Idaho
Dollar For Dollar
John Carreras email@example.com 409-1985 Assistant manager in Dollar for Dollar store at Federal Way and Gowen. Complete full range of store operations. $8 or more per hour.
Job Title: Administrative/Recruiting Assistant Intern
Reports To: Recruiting and Training Managers
Hours: 10-15 Hours/week
Compensation: Potential Course Credit (See your Department)/Hourly D.O.E.
Applications Accepted until position is filled.
The Administrative/Recruiting AssistantInternwill be responsible for working with the Recruiting and Training Managers with regular communications and marketing efforts, website content, email marketing and assisting with managing recruitment efforts. Tenured candidates will perform employment interviews and be involved in the hiring process.
Duties will include:
Regular Communications: Assisting with regular communications throughout the district to current and prospective agents. Keeping agents informed of events and regular meetings.
Marketing Efforts: Maintain relationships with external media and learn how to use recruitment advertising software programs. Help design new marketing campaigns to assist in District growth and production while maintaining current marketing programs.
Web Content Management: Perform website maintenance as needed for current and new marketing programs. This is trainable and not an essential part of the job duties. This will include development of social media package.
Training Schedules: Learn to build effective training schedules and modules for independent business owners. Assist in learning/promoting how to manage small business production and growth.
Recruiting and HR Management
Special Projects Assistance: Assist in special projects and activities as needed.
Other Duties: As assigned by the Recruiting and Training Managers or District Staff.
Qualifications: Ideal Candidates will posses excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), familiarity with general office programs (MS Word, Excel, Spreadsheet, etc.), and customer service experience preferred.
Majors: Business Management/Administration and Marketing.
How to Apply: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
District Operations Manager
1860 N. Lakes Place
Meridian, ID 83646
Timeframe: Opportunity will be year round.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the Administrative/RecruitingIntern will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the Recruitment and Training Operations Managers.
Farmers Insurance Group Districts 02/33 reserves the right to revise and change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Fund for Idaho
Hello my name is Morgan Hill Jr and I work with the Fund for Idaho non-profit organization.
Fund for Idaho is a grant making organization that helps promote and fund groups who focus on human rights, social justice, environmental protection, culture diversity, etc. If you click on the Fund for Idaho link above it will take you to our website where you can look at more information on what the organization does. I hope we can get two or three student interns who could assist with some or all of these:
- Event planning and implementation,
- communications & marketing,
- updating our website and Facebook,
- public speaking, and
- site visits.
We need students concerned about social issues and getting people involved in creating solutions. These students might come from the college of social sciences and public affairs, including the communications department, social work, sociology, political science, etc.
Please feel free to contact me at 208-398-0207 or at email@example.com Morgan Hill Jr Technical Assistant Fund for Idaho
Human Resources Intern
(Part-Time 15-20 hours per week for up to 6 months)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides general administrative support for the human resources team, including maintaining and updating files and personnel records, and entering and maintaining information in the HRIS system.
- Assists with compiling human resources and training materials.
- Facilitates flow of recruitment process, including job posting, applicant tracking, scheduling interviews, phone screens, and reference checks.
- Updates and maintains applicant database using Taleo (applicant tracking system).
- Prepares benefit enrollment packages and orientation materials for new employees and monitors return of information.
- Assists with human resources projects as requested.
- Processes paperwork for applicants, new hires, and existing employees.
- Researches human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensures confidentiality of information and compliance with Company policy regarding HIPAA.
- May fill in for front desk receptionist during lunch hours or as needed for vacation coverage.
- Performs other clerical duties as assigned or needed.
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university and registered at the junior, senior or graduate level throughout the internship.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from an academic adviser or key faculty member.
- Must be able to work 15-20 hours per week.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and research skills.
- Must be able to take direction and then work independently to follow through with tasks or projects.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and sensitive situations is required.
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, dynamic, positive work environment.
- Willingness to learn and embrace change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving and teamwork skills.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and MS Word.
To apply, please visit our Website at: http://www.healthwise.org/careers.aspx
The quickest and most efficient way to apply to Hewlett Packard would be to visit our http://www.jobs.hp.com website .Within our website, you have the ability to create a Candidate Profile (non-requisition specific) or apply directly to specific requisitions. Once you create an account, you will be able to maintain and update your records (resume/cover letter, etc) directly on-line. Use our job search tool to find a job based on region, location, site, type of position, or function. A keyword search field is also available. The keyword search field can be used to search for words within a job title, job description, or be used to search on requisition number. If you apply to specific requisitions, you will be automatically routed to the hiring manager’s candidate list. It is important to answer all pre-screen questions associated with the requisition as hiring managers rely on this information to expedite their hiring process.
Kristian Hohenbrink VP of Sales and Marketing Ida-Ore PO Box 5023 Boise, ID 83705 208-515-6966 firstname.lastname@example.org www.ida-ore.com Ida-Ore, Inc is seeking business- focused students who have a strong work ethic and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. We offer the widest product portfolio in the industry, unique products and services, management by industry best practices, hiring based on performance, mentoring and training, and access to game-changing product-specific technology.
Who we are:
Ida-Ore is a Zeolite mining and product development company dedicated to exploring ways Zeolite can benefit people and our environment.
Our motto of “putting nature to work” is developed on a passion to protect the environment by using eco-friendly, organic products to change the way businesses’ control, convert, and contain harmful substances relative to specific applications in many industries. The company pursues product development and distribution to businesses in dairy, oil exploration, hazardous waste cleanup, fertilizers and soil amendments, cement replacement, air and water filtration, heavy metal cleanup, and pet supplies.
What we offer:
- Widest product portfolio in the industry
- Product mix built on green technology and eco-friendly strategy
- Migration from internship to employee with proven performance
- Access to an increasing network of senior business executives who share a passion for training the next generation
- Mentorship and coaching to establish individual roadmaps for success in small and medium business
- Focus on new venture organizational excellence and process-based best business practices
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Competitive spirit and an innate drive for success
- Good business related skills in windows-based programs, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher/Adobe)
- Access to a computer, transportation, and communication tools
- Desire to create, will to win, and stamina to complete
- Excellent organizational skills and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently in the field and exhibit solid time management skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Effective communication skills and pursuit of ethical business
- Ability to execute projects and assignments in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to handle and translate constructive criticism into productive performance.
Idaho Central Credit Union Paid Internship
|Learn how Idaho Central Credit Union branches operate. Outstanding pay, training, and career opportunities await those interested in working at this Best Places to Work in Idaho Award Winner. We are growing and need talented individuals to grow with us. As a Branch Intern your role will be to learn the credit union business through the role of the teller. This is a great way to learn the business and from there, many opportunities become available. Interns work 20 hours per week with potential for more hours if desired by both the intern and branch manager.|
|Your main responsibilities would be to help members with transactions, answer questions, and educate members about our products and services. Most importantly, you will be part of a great team that has a lot of fun at work. You will ensure satisfaction to every member you encounter through courteous, accurate and efficient service. You will also use a needs-based selling technique to cross sell appropriate products and services to our members. Learn and attend training on Financial Services Products, Customer Service Training, Needs-Based Selling, and Financial Services Industry Regulations.|
|High school graduate or GED. Current enrollment in college coursework. Accuracy in all areas. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to determine member needs and promote Credit Union services. Ability to work under pressure. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of Credit Union records. If you believe you are the right fit for this position, apply now at iccu.com!|
Idaho Community Foundation
We are a statewide, philanthropic organization. We have been in business over 20 years and have over $66 million in assets. We have a Board of Directors, which numbers 24, from all over the state. Board members include Marc Wallace who is an estate attorney from the Coeur d’Alene area; Doug Chadderdon who is owner of one of the largest flooring companies in the northwest; Mary Lynn Hartwell from Idaho Falls and is co-owner of Hartwell Insurance which has offices around the state; Sandy Fery who is a Vice President of Marketing for Wells Fargo; and Alan Van Orden who is a CPA from Pocatello. The Chairman of our Board is Joe Marshall who is the retired CEO of Idaho Power. Our President and CEO is Bob Hoover who was President of University of Idaho for many years and most recently President of College of Idaho.
We have distributed over $44 million in grants since we started grantmaking in 1991 and currently have over 400 individual funds. We have a staff of 8 fulltime employees which include:
President & CEO, Controller, Accountant, Donor Relations Officer, Director of Marketing, IT Specialist, Donor Relations Assistant, Executive Assistant
Being a non-profit, of course we are always looking for ways to save money which would include volunteer help. We have lots of projects and even day-to-day activities that we could use help with. It would be great if we could find a college student who would like some work experience in the non profit field. If you know of anyone that you would recommend for an unpaid summer internship we would be very interested.
You can also find out more about us on our website www.idcomfdn.org
Holly Motes Controller Idaho Community Foundation PO Box 8143 Boise, ID 83707 email@example.com 208.342.3535
Idaho Department of Commerce
Denise Gardner, Personnel Technician PO Box 83720, Boise, ID 83720-0093 334-2470 fax 334-2631
Submit resume of relevant work, volunteer, extracurricular and other experience, cover letter explaining which division you are interested in and your reasons for wanting to participate in this program, two letters of recommendation. Up to 19 hours/week. All internships are $7.50/hour.
- Division of Economic Development Intern–Assist in updating Department of Economic Development publications consisting of demographic and economic statistics, develop and put data elements to support presentations made by Dept. personnel. (periodically available)
- Division of Community development–research and analysis of community and state data to develop reports to the US Dept of Housing and Urban Development, et. al. Assist in the planning and implementation of the Northwest Community Development Institute. Computer experience preferred but not required (periodically available)
- Division of Tourism Development–maintain tourism websites. Require strong HTML skills and knowledge of Adobe GoLive, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop. (periodically available)
- Division of International Business–assist in preparations for upcoming international events. Help prepare trade directory, work with US and Foreign Commercial Service, assist foreign visitors. Need computer skills.
Idaho Department of Correction
Human Resources Assistant, Internship (unpaid)
To observe and participate in various HR functions such as classification, job analysis, recruitment, policy development, performance management, retention and turnover.
- Create and publish job announcements and qualifying exams
- Respond to employment inquiries and explain hiring process
- Coordinate and facilitate the hiring and selection process to include screening and scoring applications, interviewing and ensuring compliance with State hiring rules
- Review and revise HR policies
- Recruit interns, network with colleges and universities and coordinate placement with managers
- Employee and management consultation on a variety of topics to include problem solving, corrective and disciplinary actions and performance management
- Assist Training
Human Resource Specialist, Recruiter
Idaho Department of Correction
Fax (208) 327-7402
Idaho Department Labor Employer Association
Announcement – Business Scholarship Intern
The Ada County Department of Labor Employer Association is an employer run association to develop business awareness of best practices, employment regulations, and alternative ideas to improve business functions for employers in the community. We offer four to five training sessions for 100+ business professionals between the months of September to May.
The Ada County Department of Labor Employer Association is seeking an intern to support its educational activities. This Internship will entail approximately 5 to 10 hours a week in support of newsletter preparation and event coordination. The work schedule, location, and task assignments are varied and flexible. The selected Intern will be required to maintain a tracking sheet documenting tasks and hours worked.
- Coordinate resources for presentations
- Refine marketing plan
- Assist in development of newsletters
- Promote community awareness of association
- Organize and process records
- Analyze data from presentations
- Speak publicly
- Build networks
This internship needs an innovative student who is motivated and excited about new opportunities. There are tools implemented to assist the selected intern with the transition to role. There is a support system in place to aid intern with any item on the job duty list. Intern will need to be able to attend monthly planning meetings on First Tuesday of each month from 7:30 – 9:30am and program events on the second or third Tuesday bi-monthly from 7:30 – 9:30am.
- Enrolled in a two year or four year college
- Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business or Human Resources
- Ability to market oneself and one’s ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated
- Creative and resourceful
- Basic understanding of business fundamentals, needs and development
- Outgoing personality
- Demonstrated skills in follow through on multiple tasks and willingness to step in and assist whenever needed
- Dress and conduct oneself with professionalism while representing the DOLEA
- Reliable transportation
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Experience with Publisher helpful
- Available to attend DOLEA meetings
INTERN BENEFITS (from the position):
- Identify potential job opportunities and recommendations
- Build relationships with community businesses
- Enhance Resume
- Practical knowledge of marketing, business and human resources
- Develop networking skills
- Flexible of hours
- Scholarship opportunity
- Expand knowledge of relevant business needs
- Build work references
- Connect with community leaders
- $750 stipend per semester
Interested potential interns should send the completed application form and required documents to Mitchell Post by May 31, 2014 for review by the Program Coordinator and Association Chair.
Mail completed form with required attachments to:
Scholarship Committee – c/o Mitchell Post
Department of Labor Employer Association
1090 E. Watertower Street; Suite 100
Meridian, ID 83642
310-364-7785; Ext. 3836
Idaho Head Start Association (2 internships)
I am wondering if you have someone who would be interested in doing an internship, centered around grant writing for the association. They could work out of my office here in Boise, would get some good experience in non-profit organizational structure, Head Start, grant writing and all that goes with the interrelationship of the three.
Stan Burton Executive Director Idaho Head Start Association
2417 Bank Drive, Suite B1 Boise, ID 83705 (208) 345-1182 – phone (208) 345-1163 – fax
Basically, IHSA is looking to completely re-do their website, make it easier to navigate and be useful to the public in terms of getting information on the Head Start locations and what exactly Head Start does. The software is Dreamweaver CS4. It is not necessary for the student to know how to use Dreamweaver, as long as they are willing, and capable, to learn by teaching themselves. From what I’ve experienced so far, an understanding of “coding” would benefit the individual immensely.
I am currently working on this project, but have found myself with too many time commitments, and I won’t be able to finish in a timely manner. I’ve spoken to Stan Burton, IHSA Director, about replacing myself and he’s agreed it may be a better experience for someone looking to go into the field of web design. They will have the opportunity to say they’ve developed an entire site.
If students are interested they can contact me with questions, or they may contact Stan. His phone number is 345-1182 and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program
Carol Craighill, Director Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program/Idaho Law Foundation, P.O. Box 895, Boise, ID 83701-0895(208) 334-4510 telephone,(208) 334-4515 (fax), Send a cover letter, resume and list of references
POSITION: Intake Investigator Intern, Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program (IVLP)
DUTIES: The Intern will interview program applicants, analyze their legal problems, record information obtained in case files, and make recommendations as to the appropriate disposition of applicant’s request for legal assistance. Special projects might include working with pro se custody workshops for single parents, with the newly established Mediation Panel or evaluation.
HOURS: Flexible within the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
REQUIREMENTS: Upper division student with 2.5 GPA; ability to interview program applicants, prepare summaries, and make recommendations for appropriate action. Ability to work with low-income applicants at a stressful time in their lives. Good written and oral communication skills and basic computer skills.
COMPENSATION: None. Work experience in practical application of the law. Undying gratitude.
Part-time Marketing Specialist (and/or paid internship)
Responsible for developing new business opportunities for expanding telecom companies (InCom and CTC), and serving as the company’s key customer service contact. This key position also acts as liaison to the advertising company, assisting with events, research, marketing collateral, websites and other marketing duties as needed. As a new and evolving position, the marketing specialist will have a critical role in company growth as well as career growth.
-working towards 4 year college degree in marketing and/or business-related field
-excellent people skills
-understanding of business communications
-computer skills (Word, Excel)
-ability to meet deadlines
-background in technology is helpful but not necessary
Compensation = $11 staring hourly with opportunity for full-time salary & benefits
Please send a letter of interest and/or resume to:
Sam Warren at email@example.com or
Kim Carley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent School District of Boise City
EMPLOYMENT & BENEFITS 8169 W. VICTORY RD. BOISE, ID 83709
District Service Center
Intern – Human Resources………………………………… AD# 001-31120A
Internship will begin December 2013 through August 2014
This position will work flexible hours during the day (8-4:30), with an average week being at least 19 ½ hours a week; summer work schedule full-time.
The Intern will participate in various projects and phases of the hiring and benefits new hire process.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Current enrollment in an accredited college or university in undergraduate or graduate program is required. Preference is for a student in information technology, human resources, accounting or web design
· Provide accurate, timely and creative solutions to department projects
· Participate in brainstorming sessions to assess and scope potential new projects
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent follow up skills and attention to detail and initiative to solve problems.
· Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
· Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts, and other information.
· Hands-on knowledge of software applications, such as Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), graphic presentation software. Ability to format and develop presentations, reports, and website content.
· High level of organization, problem solving, and communication skills.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and think creatively.
· Quick, independent learner with the ability to recognize and overcome obstacles
· Review on-line applications to pre-screen qualified candidates;
· Assist with new employee benefit orientation process, including new hire paperwork processing.
· Perform miscellaneous office duties (copying, faxing, etc.)
· Ability to make group presentations.
· Ability to follow oral and written directions.
Intern Rate: $10.15/hour
Positions may or may not be filled, depending upon district need.
To be considered:
Submit an On-line, Classified Application, Resume and Letter of Introduction
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL: Until Filled
DATE POSITION AVAILABLE: December 2013
EMPLOYMENT & BENEFITS
8169 W. Victory Rd.
Boise, ID 83709
Fax: (208) 854-4010
Web Site: www.boiseschools.org
To be considered, a district online application must be submitted and the specific job added under the Employment Preferences section. Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Inside Sales/Marketing job description:
Inovus Solar, Inc. is a fast growing Boise based company offering products in the renewable energy/street and area lighting market. The Company is currently interviewing candidates for Inside Sales/Marketing positions.
- Full time
- Part time
Education level requirements: Undergraduate junior or senior business students
Inside sales responsibilities:
- Initiate contact with identified individuals within specific companies
- Introduce contacts to Inovus Solar® products
- Set next steps for further information/discovery where appropriate
- Capture feedback from calls
- Contribute to additional marketing projects
Inovus Solar will provide training on products, sales process, solar generation market, street and area lighting markets. Previous experience is not required.
Candidates possess and demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, listening and communication
- Persistence when faced with adversity
- Competitive drive and track record of success
- Disciplined and organized in execution of tasks
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
Position is hourly with bonuses. Company contact: Bruce Eastman, COO 208-908-0627 Bruce.email@example.com
International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
Penney Crawford 301-994-0371 PO Box 135 Valley Lee, MD 20692
Attend 9 educational programs on benefits administration. Commit 2 summers with a sponsoring organization (possibly Fortune 500). Need “B” average. Paid.
International Rescue Committee
I wanted to see if there are any business students that would be interested in an internship with the Employment Program at the IRC working 15-20 hours per week. Someone from the HR or Marketing program could benefit a lot from it. IRC has a service learning contract already with BSU. If you would be interested in placing someone with us please let me know and I can send you more information.
Keller Williams Real Estate
• Efficient at completing tasks with a high degree of quality
• Effective organization skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple activities and tasks
• Technology skills
• Loves systems and creating efficiency
• Enjoys working with a team and making a difference in people’s lives
Life’s Kitchen is dedicated to transforming the lives of at risk young adults by building self-sufficiency and independent living through comprehensive food service and life skills training and placement in the food service industry. Life’s Kitchen supports in non-profit program with Custom Catering, a Lunch Café, a Contract Food business, and from private donations and community grants.
Come join us for a rewarding internship opportunity on the HR Committee under the supervision of the HR Committee Chair. The internship will focus on HR processes, including research of legalities in HR processes and project-based work for functional HR areas. This requires a degree focus in Human Resources.
Applications for internships will be accepted form juniors, seniors, and graduate students pursuing a degree appropriate to the specific internship. To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates selected for further consideration will be asked to submit two letters of reference and a current transcript at time of interview.
There would be exposure to book keeping, day-to-day operations, e-commerce business management…….etc. As I stated before, we are a rapidly growing company so there are many different things an intern could get exposure and great experience from.
As far as contact information, they can contact me directly at 855.MAXBODY ext. 711. Or email me at email@example.com
HR Internship Program-Assist a fast growing, fun company in creating structure and processes for success! 15-20 hrs per week flexible hours.
Assist VP in creating many documents and processes including but not limited to:
- Employee Handbook
- Job descriptions
Qualifications: A positive attitude, organized, fun, passionate, goal oriented, self starter, detail oriented, coachable.
Please contact Mandy Wood at:
Mirada Magazine, the largest free Latin magazine in Idaho. Be part of the team that develops a Latin magazine every month (stories in english too). Learn how to grow a magazine state-wide. Help with the creative process of choosing images and story development. You will also be able to attend local events to help promote DBO, Inc. and Mirada Magazine. Contact: Lorena at firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrating 25 years since the opening of its first coffeehouse in on Main Street in Old Boise, Moxie Java is presently undertaking a variety of very exciting, large-scale initiatives designed to leverage the company’s position as ‘The Best Coffeehouse in the Treasure Valley’ (Idaho Statesman – 2013) and to aggressively expand the brand’s presence both locally and throughout the Intermountain region.
As an intern, you will be reporting directly to Ken Stokes, Vice President of Business Development and Strategy for Moxie Java. The developer of many iconic consumer products, Mr. Stokes is a former executive with The Walt Disney Company, The Kellogg Company, The Clorox Company, and Jack in the Box, and is a recipient of the American Marketing Association’s New Product of the Year award. This is an ideal opportunity for business students who are interested in participating in the application of best-of-class Fortune 500 marketing and business development principals to smaller companies, or who have an interest in pursuing careers in business development and/or marketing at the regional and national level.
Two internships are available: one in Social Media, and one in Event and Non-Traditional Business Development. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Successful candidates for this position will have:
Must be pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business, Management, Marketing or related field.
Stipends available. Interested candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com; reference ‘Moxie Java/BSU Internships.’
New York Life
To apply, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “BSU Management Department Internship” in the subject line.
New York Life Insurance Company, a Fortune 100 company founded in 1845, is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States and one of the largest life insurers in the world. Headquartered in New York City, New York Life’s family of companies offers life insurance, annuities and long-term care insurance. New York Life Investment Management LLC provides institutional asset management and retirement plan services. Other New York Life affiliates provide an array of securities products and services, as well as institutional and retail mutual funds. New York Life’s Boise office is currently seeking to fill a Financial Services Internship position.
- Have a successful background in business, finance, or sales. (A combination of education and entry-level experience in one of these areas is allowed.)
- Possess the ability to understand complex tax strategies and financial concepts and be able to educate businesses and individuals regarding these strategies and concepts.
- Be eligible to work in the U.S. (We are not able to provide sponsorship for this position.)
Preferred Candidates Will:
- Have a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university. We will also consider students in their junior or senior year of school.
- Have an interest in developing their own business.
- Desire to get involved in their community and to meet new people.
- Possess excellent relationship building skills.
This position includes a formal three year training program. No previous experience in financial planning is required. Professional designations are a plus but are not required. We will assist selected candidates to acquire the proper licenses, if necessary.
Compensation will depend on experience. Hours are flexible (we can work around your school schedule.)
Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
Hilary Hughes 1111 W. Jefferson St. Ste 540 Boise, ID 83702 947-5249 fax 344-7132 email@example.com
College Agent Internship Program. http://baileyfinancialgroup.nmfn.com/~Internships.htm
Financial Representative interns with the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network have the same opportunities to build their careers as our full-time representatives. That’s one big reason why our internship program is unmatched in the financial services industry. Like Financial Representatives, our interns provide expert guidance and innovative solutions for the planning needs of individuals and businesses. They strive to understand their clients’ goals and visions in order to develop financial solutions that put them on a path to success. As an intern, you have the opportunity to be in business for yourself-but not alone. Supported by our network of financial specialists, training programs and mentoring opportunities, our interns have access to the resources, products and assistance they need to help their clients and build their practices. Working 15 to 20 hours per week, Financial Representative interns are able to gain necessary skills and knowledge of the financial services industry, define their own target markets and establish client relationships.
Preferred Qualifications: Completion of two academic years in a BA or BS degree from a four-year institution; strong interpersonal skills; self-motivated; community service; history of personal success. Interns earn $1000 per semester for training plus commissions plus a productivity bonus.
Proof Wood Eyewear
Proof Wood Eyewear is an Eyewear company who specializes in producing prescription and sunglasses from eco-friendly materials, wood being the dominate material. Proof was established in February of 2010 by three brothers here in the Treasure Valley. It all started in a garage with an idea and has grown into what it is today. Today proof has over 70 retailers throughout the United States and 15 worldwide. Some of these retail accounts include: Patagonia, Billabong, Arbor Collective, PacSun. In the year that Proof has sold its product it has been featured in numerous media outlets such as: Transworld, InStyle magazine, News Week Magazine, Thrillist, Trend Hunter, Sky Magazine, Status Magazine and many more. Proof today has a small number of employees that continue to innovate and change the fashion industry. We are currently in need of help in multiple positions that could potentially lead to full-time employment
Job will consist of a wide range of projects including: Inventory management, PR, Social media marketing campaigns, Reorders and Forecasting, developing and improving product offering, International importing and exporting. These are a few of the many rolls the intern will be performing.
- Prepare marketing materials
- Working with in teams to preform market research
- Coordinate special events
- Inventory management
- Media relations
- Interact with clients and help find new clients
- Product development
- SEO and Google ranking
- Assist in writing press releases and mass communications.
- Manage and help increase social media exposure
- Willingness to develop a strong understanding of company’s products and services
- Research and analytical skills
- Creative mind
- Good communication skills
- (graphic design skills is a plus)
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to learn quick
- Ability to work with others
Feel free to check out our company website and Facebook page to get a good idea of what we do and to see if you would be a good fit.
Contact information: Tanner Dame C.O.O. 801-835-6948 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Fotsch, 947-4357 x214 254 S. Cole Road, Boise, ID 83709 Set up youth team. Organize members and coordinate them. St. Al’s Hospital.
Root Cases et. al.
Title: Public Relations Internship
Location: Boise, Idaho
Description: This is a very unique opportunity for the Boise area. You will have the chance to work with three separate companies doing PR work. The position would include working part time with local and national newspapers, magazines, and websites to continue building awareness around these companies. You will be given goals and guidelines to keep you on track but we also believe strongly in innovation and creativity, so this will be a unique and challenging learning experience with possible long term job opportunities.
How to apply: If you are interested in this position, you can email your resume to email@example.com
Salmon River Adventures
Connie Zeller 1512 N. Main Riggins, ID 83549 Work with customers, answer phones, take payments, file liability forms, organize business. Earn $100 scholarship. 775-934-5081 or 800-233-1813 firstname.lastname@example.org
Simplot- Position 1
Nate McClure HR Coordinator/Recruiter Employment Center
Ph. 208-389-7347 Fax 208-389-7352
Simplot Careers http://www.simplot.com/careers
Support international sales and marketing team in the execution of product development and various projects including company key initiatives. The student will have the aspects of product development within international. The student will provide the supports in analysis of demand planning, forecasting, data analysis and creation of reports to assist in the management of S&Op process. The student will support in new product tracking and packaging development. Self-motivated with good analysis skills. Enthusiastic. Willing to resolve problems or issues. Good communicating skill. Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other basic software programs is necessary. Eager to learn. Must have a positive attitude and possess good personal skills. Good attention to detail. Excellent written and oral communication is a must. Willing to understand and learn the different cultures. Good inter personal skills is required to work with various different groups within the company.
This position requires:
- Current college/university enrollment.
- 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Foreign language skill is a plus.
- International experience preferred.
This position is for 12 months unless otherwise indicated by the hiring manager.
Simplot Position 2
Intern – Human Resources, Food Group, Caldwell, Idaho
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Human Resources internship available in our Caldwell, ID potato processing plant.
What’s in it for you?
The Human Resources Intern plays a key role in supporting management on an assigned shift in administering human resource programs, policies, and procedures. Other duties involve risk management, employee relations, training coordination, potentially process grievance paperwork and/or discipline administration, employee orientation, crew scheduling, time and attendance administration, and confidentially maintaining personnel records and systems.
The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation human resources functions and manufacturing operations and to function with mobility between the plant floor and human resources office, along with having the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates.
- Ensures staffing, scheduling, and overtime assignments for shift crewing (may coordinate the interface between staffing agencies and management teams in an efficient manner compliant with labor contract/handbook procedures and production needs)
- Ensures the administration of hourly payroll; labor coding and reporting for accounting and data analysis; time and attendance and associated discipline; training; and vacation pay/scheduling processes in an efficient and accurate manner
- May be involved with safety reporting & compliance to policies and procedures, supporting the safety specialist with risk management records and reporting as requested
- Ensures effective employee relations by following and interpreting labor contract/handbook, supporting management in the administrative functions of their shift employees to resolve issues and conflicts.
- May be involved with the administration of employee FMLA, STD, and transitional return to work procedures and processes for cost effectiveness and efficiency (includes handling employee personnel records in an efficient, accurate, and confidential manner as requested)
- Ensures the timely and efficient processing of job bids, conducting Job Skill Evaluations (JSEs), and new employee orientations, and coordinating with the training specialist to initiate job training
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College/University or a recent graduate
-Must be able to work shift work including graveyard and/or swing shifts.
-Must be familiar with HIPPA and have good, working knowledge of HR computer applications such as Kronos and Lawson, and be familiar with product coding
-Must have an understanding of corporate services.
8-10 months or longer
How to Apply
•Select Find Jobs
•Select Professional Jobs
•Select All open positions
•Search Job ID #1231
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com.
Below is the new Contact Information for departments and students that are interested in internships with Special Olympics Idaho. We have a few opportunities available for Winter, Spring and Summer Internships including, Administrative Interns, Sports and Training, PR & Fundraising, Accounting Interns, and a Social Networking Intern. These are unpaid internships at this time; however, there is a wealth of experience and networking possibilities included. I am always interested in hearing new and creative ways to involve students seeking experience that may not be perceived as a typical fit for our organization. If you have a student interested in interning with Special Olympics Idaho, please give them my information provided below. .Thank you for all you do!
State Farm Insurance
Marketing position available: Looking for part-time (5 hours a week).
Must have transportation. Visit business owners to market Insurance Product and Services.
Will train, very easy approach. Perfect candidate is outgoing, and approachable. Commission will be paid for leads gathered, and possible hourly pay. Can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org..
Matt Jensen State Farm Agent, CLU®, LUTCF, LTCP 1406 N. Main Street, st# 100 Meridian, ID, 83642
Phone: (208) 344-6288 Fax: (208) 639-5523 Matt.Jensen.email@example.com
Susan G. Komen
The local Susan G. Komen organization is in need of an intern to assess service needs in southern Idaho. This includes reviewing detailed demographic and health statistics they have already collected and holding focus group and interview sessions with potential clientele. The process identifies: * who is most at risk of dying from breast cancer and what we know about them * needs and gaps in health system * what people know, think and do about breast cancer * solutions to the needs
This is a very structured internship and an an excellent opportunity to apply market research concepts to the “market” for health care services. Interested applicants should contact Dr. Brian Greber for more details:
Sherry Gorrell, SWAF, Inc. & Resolutions, Inc. “Facilitating Collaborative Change!” 716 W. Franklin St., Suite #1 Boise, Idaho 83702
ph: 208-433-0710 cell: 208-880-8670 firstname.lastname@example.org
SWAF, Inc. is interested in working with interns to launch their EXCITING new web site! It is a global travel and social web community connecting travelers and hosts nationally and internationally. They will initially focus on: the U.S., France, Italy, Spain, Germany, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and would like to work with students from these home countries who are studying at BSU AND interested in International Viral Marketing! An all expenses paid trip “any where in the world” will be gifted to the students who are responsible for signing up the most Hosts in their home country.
We were hoping to find them an intern from Boise State that could help
maintain their new website. Some of the tasks for the intern would be:
- Add new features to the website
- Set up new members
- Help the current administrator of the site with any issues
- Moderating forums
The software used on the site currently is WordPress software hosted
using PHP. (www.swidovs.org)
Tatertots Academy Inc.
Intern Assistant Job description
The intern is responsible for the supervision and management of a classroom in accord with the goals and curriculum plan of Tatertots Academy. This includes assisting lead teacher with creating bulletin boards, classroom centers and hands-on activities that reinforce the lessons being taught. Must be able to communicate in a positive manner with parent coworkers and children both verbally and in writing.
Skills, Education, Experience
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
2. Must possess excellent communication skills
3. Have some current knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Development
4. Possess strong skills in planning and carrying out our curriculum
5. Must be able to consistently demonstrate the mission and philosophy of Tatertots Academy
Intern Assistant “Job Function”
1. Assist Lead Teacher in planning both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
- Maintain daily open communication with parents while maintaining confidentiality
- Assist with Arrangement of a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Sit at the level of the children using a quiet voice, moving to other areas where needed. Provide and maintain focus to children’s activities.
- Assist in any necessary housekeeping duties with the rest of our team
- Must accept direction from, and cooperate with, the Program Manager and fellow employees, working together in a team environment. Be open and responsive to feedback.
- Adhere to all safety policies field trip/bus safely no sleeping on the job never leave a child unattended and no corporal or verbal abusive treatment of child.
This section describes the anticipated typical means of carrying out the essential job functions
1. Must have the ability to spend much of the day walking, standing, sitting, and changing positions as necessary. The job requires almost continual movement and in not a “sit at a desk” position
2. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs continuously. Children in our younger classes need to be lifted frequently for various reasons
3. Must be able to spend a majority of the day bending, stooping, kneeling, and crouching as needed
4. Vision- must be able to visually see children for safety purposes and communicate with all children and other team members in ways that all children and team members can understand
5. Speak- must be able to verbally communicate with all children and other team members in ways that all children and team members can understand
Tatertots Academy 5609 N. Glenwood Rd. Boise, ID 83714 208-343-8687 email@example.com
Treasure Valley Consultants Network
Justin Beller 484-6919 PO Box 190723 Boise ID 83719
Interact with other independent business professionals and promote their knowledge and expertise to the Boise business community at large. The student will learn how to leverage technology to promote and educate business professionals as well as produce seminars/webinars that are based on clear objectives and outcomes. Overall, the objective will be to retain current members, recruit new members and create brand awareness among the Boise business community.
Need an entrepreneurial spirit (an interest in one day becoming self-employed or creating a business). Previous enrollment and completion of one or more business communication courses. Creative thinking and critical thinking skills. Attention to detail. Experience with social media technologies (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin). Flexible working times. No compensation.
Treasure Valley Scottish American Society
Responsibilities include:• Contacting businesses to discuss the possibility of sponsoring the Treasure Valley Celtic Festival and Highland Games.• Negotiating contracts with the businesses, following the guidelines set forth by the Sponsorship committee.• Represent the creativity, quality and goals of the Treasure Valley Scottish American Society.• Oversees and maintains confidential files and paperwork related to donors and special event fund raising.• Oversee the follow through of what the Sponsorship receive from the donation. This means working with the various Coordinators to ensure that the Sponsors are getting what they paid for. This may also mean accomplishing some of it yourself.• Report via e-mail to the Sponsorship committee on your progress through e-mail on a weekly basis.• Prepare and present a report to all Coordinators on your progress at meetings on a monthly basis.• Other duties as assigned.
U.S. Department of Interior
Job Title: Database Designer/Developer Intern
Location: The U.S. Department of the Interior – SOAR
Description/Purpose: Currently seeking an intern to design and build a case management database for Human Resources/Worker’s Compensation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Works with the Human Resources Specialists to design a working case management database to house 4,500 + records.
· Build a case management database with search feature.
· Develop Forms.
· Set up Queries and routine Reports.
KnowledgeSkills/Abilities: Excellent computer and analytical skills, experience with designing and building data bases, communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, problem solving skills, ability to work independently.
Experience gained in the classroom and through personal application will be accepted.
Requirements: Junior/Senior or graduate student pursuing degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management, or other IT related field.
What you will gain: Recognition of working with and supporting the government. Ability to apply your knowledge and skill in a real world setting. This is a great opportunity for a college or graduate student to gain hands-on experience in the field.
Compensation/Pay: Volunteer position.
To Apply: Send resume/letter of interest to –
Human Resources Specialist
Department of the Interior
P.O. Box 16167
Boise, ID 83715-6167
Sharon Higginbothom, Meridian Walmart, 373-7908, ext. 190
Management Trainee Internship.
Six weeks of classes followed by assistant manager position. Potential to be a store manager. $35K starting salary after initial six week program. Call for more information.
Walt Disney World College Program
Disney is recruiting for the summer time frame (January- May or January – August). Please go to: www.career.boisestate.edu
For more information Anne Evans Internship Coordinator Boise State University Career Center Boise, ID 83725-1310 (208) 426-4351
World Relief–Treasure Valley
Dawn K. Rice Resource & Development Manager World Relief – Treasure Valley
6702 Fairview Avenue, Boise, Idaho 83704
Fax 208-323-4965 Telephone 208-323-4964×106
The mission of World Relief is to work with, for, and from the Church to relieve human suffering, poverty and hunger worldwide in the name of Jesus Christ. Here in Boise, staff and volunteers represent the local Christian church – serving refugees with the love of Jesus. We are united by a common heart and purpose – loving and ministering to refugees because Christ loves us. We serve the needy regardless of their beliefs and do not require their participation in any Christian activities. Students can learn more about World Relief at our website: www.wr.org. An internship application form is at “Internship Package” or http://mg.boisestate.edu/mg406/Internship package.htm
1. Build and manage valuable relationships with executive, leadership, and frontline staff as well as community partnerships.
2. Deliver timely and accurate assistance to the overall association.
3. Work directly with the Recruiting Director on marketing strategy and implementing processes.
4. Assist with projects and coordinate necessary resources.
5. Account Management meetings with hiring supervisors to help create methods to attract highly qualified applicants for employment.
6. Contribute to the recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes of the association.
7. Attend recruiting events.
8. Conduct interviews, review resumes, and assist in other hiring processes.
9. Manage the YMCA applicant database.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Must handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
3. Strong public relations/interpersonal skills are desired.
4. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
If you are qualified and interested in learning more, please contact Jeffrey Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-344-5502 ext. 209.
Are you ready for an adventure? The ZAGG Training Internship is more than just an internship where you’ll learn about sales and marketing; it’s a chance to travel, meet new people, and to learn about business from one of the fastest growing public companies in Utah. During your internship period, you’ll work closely with various store managers, ZAGG Headquarters, and customers. This experience will be an incredible addition to your resume.
The ZAGG Training Internship offers extensive first-hand experience in the following areas:
- Marketing, Sales, Promotions and Brand Management
- Adult learning/education and training
- Customer Service and Conflict Resolution
- General business responsibilities and communication
In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop skills in leadership and personal development, which are sure to benefit your career for years to come.
Program Description and Requirements:
Each intern must be / have –
Good driving record
Able to pass a background/drug test
Able to safely operate a car and navigate using a GPS
Able to sit in confined spaces for long periods of time
Willing to travel continually for the duration of the internship
Attributes needed for success:
Works effectively without close supervision
Ability to work in a team environment
Persistent work style; knows how to follow through
Ability to meet deadlines and perform in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
Can relate to a variety of personality styles
Ability to adapt communication/training strategy to audience
Has the ability to quickly adapt to changing situations
Exudes a high level of patience
Willing to perform other duties as required
Everyone begins the internship program with extensive training at ZAGG University. It’s here that you’ll learn all about ZAGG’s business philosophy, operations, products, and overall methods. During your training, you’ll meet with and receive training from executives in the company, and guest lecturers who will bring an incredible level of added value to your intern experience.
Most ZAGG internships last up to four months, and are designed to coincide similarly to various university semester schedules. You can choose from three main internship periods: Spring – January through April/Summer – May through August/Fall – August through December
This internship is non-compensable, and college credit may also be available upon request. A monthly stipend will be provided for meals. The following will be provided by ZAGG:
- Airfare to and from each training location
- Hotel and housing costs
- Transportation, parking, and gas
- Any other approved associated travel cost
Send resumes to email@example.com
The contact person is Craig Zuber and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org. The job description is as follows:
Best selling author of “In the Trenches”, Craig Zuber, is looking for an intern to join a team of innovative people to present his latest project to the New York circuit. He is currently interviewing Publicists across the Country to expose the project Nationally. www.craigzuber.com
A cutting-edge Web design/developer and e-commerce professional with the ability to design, develop, and deploy innovative Web sites. Business minded. Task oriented, someone who understands the ins and outs and pressure of an aggressive project/leader. A good listener is a MUST!
Other Internship Websites: