Lessons from Alumni is a series of events during Student Enrichment Week that center around business students and members of the local business community building a foundation for future business relationships. Acting as sponsors for this event, local companies are invited to attend various events including networking breakfasts, luncheons, interview and hiring sessions and classroom panel sessions. During the week, business will have the opportunity to fill open positions by recruiting directly out of The College of Business and Economics. This annual event has proven successful in the past with several students having obtained internships, part time and full time positions in companies across several facets of business.
Read below to get a glimpse of last years event…
COBE Student Enrichment Week: Lessons from Alumni
Open the Doors to Your Future….
Thursday, September 20 – Thursday, September 27
*Registration is required to attend starred events.
- *Thursday, September 20, 3:00pm: Interview/Dress for Success Workshop Prepare yourself to meet employers throughout the week. Understand the importance of networking the right way.
- *Monday, September 24, 7:30am: Kick-off Breakfast Boise Mayor Bieter is the keynote speaker sharing information on the economy and the future of job outlook in the Treasure Valley. Additional industry experts will be sharing critical career information.
- *Tuesday, September 25, 12:00-2:00pm: Speed Interviewing Session Discuss your career options and positions that employers currently have open. We are providing job descriptions so you may create your resume to meet the employers needs.
- Wednesday, September 26: Beta Gamma Sigma Breakfast (Invitation only)
- Wednesday, September 26: MBA Lunch (Invitation only)
- Monday, September 24 – Thursday, September 27: Classroom Panel Sessions
We are excited to invite business students to join us for COBE Student Enrichment week events (space is limited in each and seats will be offered on a first RSVP basis). This is an incredible opportunity for networking with top business leaders and employers. Open the doors to your future.