Lessons from Alumni is a COBE produced series of events that takes place each fall. It provides a platform for business students and members of the local business community to build a foundation for future business relationships. Acting as sponsors of this event, local companies are invited to attend various events including networking breakfasts, luncheons, interview and hiring sessions and classroom panel sessions. During the week, business will have the opportunity to fill open positions by recruiting directly out of The college of Business and Economics. This annual event has proven successful in the past with several students having internships, part time and full time positions in companies across several facets of business.
Over 50 professional professionals, almost all alumni, participated in Lessons From Alumni this year. More then 100 students attended the kick-off breakfast. Read below to get a glimpse of the 2013 event. Also see the participants under kick-off breakfast speakers and classroom panel sessions.
2013 List of events
Monday, September 23 – Friday, September 27
*Registration is required to attend the kick-off breakfast. (Limited seating)
- Monday, September 23 – Thursday, September 26: Classroom Panel Sessions
- *Tuesday, September 24, 7:30 a.m.: Kick-off Breakfast Keynote speaker- Ada County Sheriff: Gary Raney (for juniors, seniors and graduate students)
- Wednesday, September 25: Beta Gamma Sigma Breakfast (Invitation only)
- Friday, September 27: MBA Event (Invitation only)
- Virtual Hiring Fair: Attendees will be chosen upon applying. Use link to review job postings.
REGISTER HERE for the Kick-off Breakfast