James (Jim) E. Wanek, PhD
- PhD, Industrial Relations: Human Resource Management, University of Minnesota;
- MA, Industrial Relations: Human Resource Management, University of Minnesota;
- BS, General Business Administration, Winona State University, Winona, MN
- Human Resource Management,
- Employee Staffing, Training and Development,
- Employee/Labor Relations,
- Diversity and Ethical issues in HR.;
- Research Interests: Employee selection methods and processes including integrity (honesty) testing, personality measures, and interviewing. Issues of fairness, justice and diversity, including domestic partner benefits in a rapidly changing workplace.
- Domestic Partner Benefits Policies in North Texas (with Gundy Kaupins & Malcolm Coco). International Journal of Business and Public Administration Disciplines, Winter, 2011, Vol. 8, No. 1, 34-47.
- Voluntary Domestic Partner Benefits in North Texas (with Gundy Kaupins & Malcolm Coco). Voluntary Benefits Magazine July 8, 2010;
- Virtually Settled: Tips for Online Labor Negotiation Projects. Journal of Human Resources Education, 3 (1), Winter, 2009;
- HR Professional Perceptions of Human Resource Information Systems (with Gundy Kaupins & Malcolm Coco). International Journal of Business and Public Administration, Spring 2009, Vol. 6, No. 1, 100-112;
- Towards an Understanding of Integrity Test Similarities and Differences: An Item-level Analysis of Seven Tests (with Paul Sackett & Deniz Ones). Personnel Psychology, 2003, 56, 873-894;
- Integrity Testing: An Overview (with Paul Sackett). Special edition of Security Journal, 2002, 8, February, 11-18.
Current Courses: Spring 2013
|Course||Room & Times|
|HRM 408-1: Employee Staffing and Training|
Tu 6:00PM - 8:45PM
|HRM 340-4036: Employee and Labor Relations|
|HRM 340-4037: Employee and Labor Relations|