Join us on LinkedIn for details on jobs and internships for ITM majors.
Author Archives: Sharon Tabor
New Positions & Internships – See Also ITM Majors Group
IT Internship – City of Meridian
City of Meridian, Mayors Office (still available, 10/1)
The City of Meridian offers an exciting opportunity for college students to get the
opportunity to work alongside IT professionals and get to use or enhance their
• Customer Service
• Troubleshooting Skills
• Operating Systems
• Deploying Computers
• Software Licensing
• Active Directory
• Windows XP, 7, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2
The Information Technology Department’s Internship Program provides an
opportunity to view the role the IT Department within an organization. Interns will gain hands-on experience with city government and develop skills that will serve them well in future occupations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Internships are available to college students who are currently enrolled in an
IT related program with an accredited college, and pursuing an Associates or
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer
Networking, or similar IT related degree. Experience in customer service and /
or computer support preferred. Be able to work within an office environment,
communicate with others and have strong writing skills.
Interns must possess a valid driver’s license.
Help Desk Support – Assists with providing computer hardware, software
and technical support both remotely and onsite;
- Documents support requests, problems, resolution, etc.
- Assists with updating IT documentation regarding software installations, etc.;
- Performs an annual inventory of all IT related hardware;
- Assists with annual computer maintenance;
- May perform software installs/upgrades for large deployments;
- Assists with computer deployments;
- Assists with managing licensing;
- Assists with organization of storage and staging areas.
- Assists with user management through Active Directory
- Assists in supporting network/server configuration as assigned.
- Assists with updating/maintaining network diagram and other network/
- system documentation.
- Assists with providing training to other City staff on assigned topics.
- May assists with other large scale projects.
Hours: Intern hours are Monday thru Friday approximately 4 hours per day. The
internship is approximately one semester (16 weeks) with the potential to remain
until the end of the school year.
Compensation: Compensation for this internship is $10 per hour, with the opportunity for college
credits, depending on program guidelines.
For More Information:
City of Meridian, Human Resources
33 E. Broadway Ave.
Meridian, Idaho 83642
How to Apply:
Please visit the Human Resources Office to fill out an application and submit
IT Support Internship – Fund Raisers, LTD
1) Hardware and Software support within the office
a) Work with the network administrator to ensure the business has all the hardware it needs to maintain a proper level of functioning, and ensure that the hardware is where it needs to be.
b) Ensure all hardware has the appropriate software installed on it
c) Troubleshoot all hardware/software problems
Nine Tips for Getting Hired
Useful article on preparing for that interview.
Qualities to Succeed in IT
Check out this article about success factors for IT careers.