Case Study Database
Dr. Michael Bixby compiled a case study database designed to help educators who are interested in using business case studies in the areas of Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibilities and Sustainability. The document contains a brief description of some 75 cases dealing with the above-mentioned issues in a business context, divided into separate categories, which represent the main substantive area involved in the case. Several of the cases involve issues which cross the boundaries of different disciplines and are listed two or three times. These cases can all be accessed and viewed for free (by faculty, after registration) at the CasePlace website http://www.caseplace.org/. Many of the cases also have a teaching note, which gives helpful suggestions for preparing and teaching the case. Then if the instructor wants to use the case in class, generally the rights must be purchased from the university which developed the case, although some are free to use.
- The Aspen Institute, Beyond Grey Pinstripes – Faculty Resources – collection of course syllabi available by department.
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) has education and research resources online as well as workshops on integrating sustainability into education. There are discussion forums including one on curriculum.
- AACSB – Ethics/Sustainability Resource Center – “To provide a comprehensive source for information, tools, and discussions regarding ethics, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility in business schools.”
- PRME – Principles for Responsible Management Education – “The mission of the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative is to inspire and champion responsible management education, research and thought leadership globally.”
- The Ethics Resource Center: a private, nonprofit organization devoted to independent research and the advancement of high ethical standards and practices in public and private institutions. The ERC produces surveys, papers, webcasts and more. http://www.ethics.org/
- Business for Social Responsibility. BSR works with its global network of nearly 300 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North and South America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Learn more about BSR’s more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability. http://www.bsr.org/
- CSR Wire. This website is a leading global source of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability news. Founded in 1999 to advance the movement towards a more economically-just and environmentally-sustainable society and away from single bottom line capitalism. http://www.csrwire.com/
- · The Global Reporting Initiative. An international organization which develops standards by which companies and organizations can assess their CSR and sustainability progress. https://www.globalreporting.org/
- CERES. This organization is an advocate for sustainability leadership. Ceres mobilizes a powerful network of investors, companies and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy. http://www.ceres.org/