Invest in your company’s future: Connect with COBE
The College of Business and Economics strives to be a leading resource for advancing economic development in the Treasure Valley, Idaho, and the region by delivering innovative academic programs, conducting meaningful research, having a talented faculty and staff, and building strategic centers of excellence.
Strong collaboration with our corporate partners and business community will enable the College to better meet your needs and provide access to our high quality students, graduates, faculty, and business help centers to drive your organization forward. Your investment of time, talents and capital will enable the College to execute our mission providing economic development to our region.
How to get involved with the college:
COBE Business Research and Economic Development Center
The Center, housed in the College of Business and Economics, is your access point for the College’s resources. Our hope is that civic leaders, business professionals, and nonprofit organizations will prosper from a relationship with the College. Whether you are a start up or an established organization, this center provides the opportunity for you to directly benefit from faculty expertise, student projects, our business incubator, and our business consultants.
The following outreach programs and research centers are under the umbrella of the COBE Business Research and Economic Development Center:
- The Center for Entrepreneurship: The purpose of the Boise State University Center for Entrepreneurship is to encourage and support entrepreneurship across the Boise State University campus and within its geographic constituency. The Center was launched in January 2009 and is housed within the College of Business and Economics.
- The Centre for Creativity and Innovation: The purpose of the Centre for Creativity and Innovation is to promote economic vitality through research and outreach programs in creativity and innovation.
- The Idaho Council on Economic Education: Idaho’s children need basic economics education to become competent and responsible decision-makers. The Idaho Council on Economics Education was established to ensure that every Idaho student understand and be able to apply basic economic principles. Their goal is for every graduate to be economically literate. Our purpose is to prepare students to become: responsible citizens, productive members of the workforce,knowledgeable consumers, prudent savers and investors, wise lifelong decision-makers.
- Small Business Development Center: The Idaho Small Business Development Center (Idaho SBDC) is a university-based organization offering confidential no-cost business consulting and low-cost training to help small businesses and entrepreneurs start and grow. Idaho SBDC clients consistently outperform their peers.
- Technology and Entrepreneurship Center: The Technology and Entrepreneurial Center (TECenter) is dedicated to the development, growth and success of technology companies. Located on Boise State University’s West Campus, the TECenter offers start-up and early stage technology company entrepreneurs the expertise, networks and tools they need to succeed.
- TechHelp: TechHelp is mandated by the U.S. Government and the State of Idaho to improve the competitiveness of Idaho manufacturers, food processors and inventors by providing professional and technical assistance, training, and information. We offer a variety of advanced manufacturing services that help Idaho companies adopt continuous product and process innovations that help them drive bottom line savings and top line growth.
Opportunities to Connect with Students
- Career Connections – speak to COBE students and share your expertise
- Hire an intern
- Participate in class projects/live cases
- Lessons from Alumni
- Participate and support the COBE Alumni and Friends Golf Tournament: call 208-426-1361 for more information