Employee Handbook Project Information
Students in Boise State University professor Gundars Kaupins’ human resource management class are seeking organizations interested in having them prepare employee or volunteer handbooks. The service is free and encompasses new handbooks or revisions of existing handbooks. Dr. Kaupins has completed about 400 handbook projects in the last 25 years.
Handbooks will include information on the company’s mission and history and will cover the following topics: selection procedures, discipline and work rules, compensation and benefits, health, safety, security, training, and performance appraisal. Each handbook is customized to the individual organization.
A representative of the organization must be willing to visit with the students twice during a semester.
Schedules and deadlines are shown below:
- Deadline to apply: October 1
- First 2 hour visit to class: On a Monday night last half of October 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Second 2 hour visit to class: On a Monday night middle of November 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Project completed: Middle of December
- Deadline to apply: February 1
- First 2 hour visit to class: On a Wednesday night last half of February 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Second 2 hour visit to class: On a Wednesday night middle of April 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Project completed: Middle of May
- Deadline to apply: July 1
- First 2 hour visit to class: Late in July Noon-2:00 p.m.
- Second 2 hour visit to class: Early in August Noon-2:00 p.m.
- Project completed: Middle of August
For more information or to sign up for the service, contact Gundars Kaupins at 426-4014 or firstname.lastname@example.org